Help with a very good indicator

This indi looks good on chart but repaints...can someone re-codes it in way that it will stop repaint???

And i don't know what are "ExtDepth" "ExtDeviation" "ExtBackstep" in parameters...

Thanks

Files:

Hello alessandro

My take on the ZigZag indicator is my view only...

The ZigZag repaints because price moves around/retraces and invalidates the last 'painted' high or low turn point - the point when the price starts trending in opposite direction.

As you can imagine, price goes down for a while and then generally speaking, starts going up - at this price point or 'turn point' the ZZ indicator detects such an event and the "Ext..." inputs allow one to determine how 'sensitive' to turn points the ZZ will be.

You cannot simply stop it repainting because that is what the ZZ does - it's reason for being!

If you did stop it then it would no longer be a valid ZZ turn point should the price decide to retrace - the ZZ then becomes redundant.

The ZZ 'looks' fantastic in a historical perspective but not so if looking at the right hand side of the chart as each data tick arrives!

Think "fools gold"...

Even if you wait for some time, all of a sudden price retraces and the turnpoint disappears which is not healthy for one's balance...

"And i don't know what are "ExtDepth" "ExtDeviation" "ExtBackstep" in parameters..."

You can answer your question by using the search box top right of all site pages. Just do a separate search on each of these parameters - you will be rewarded...

Regards

WOW great explanation!!! Now i understand..any other indicator you know to help to find top and bottoms?
Thank you very much!
Reason: