Ability of investor to the EA program trading

Hi every body

I have a question. I wanna know how and what abiblities my investor have? I mean I am working trading with a EA program and I want to know whether my investor with investor password have some abilites to access my EA progaram and can see it or not? and is there any way to make password for EA program that nobody can change it and if you sell the EA program to some body he can not sell it to another one?

ashkan1115:

Hi every body

I have a question. I wanna know how and what abiblities my investor have? I mean I am working trading with a EA program and I want to know whether my investor with investor password have some abilites to access my EA progaram and can see it or not? and is there any way to make password for EA program that nobody can change it and if you sell the EA program to some body he can not sell it to another one?

if you compile your mq4 file, you got an ex4 file. this ex4 file is the compiled version of your ea, indicator or whatever and cannot just be opened.

people who are selling these files are just selling the ex4 file.

there are services on the web to decompile ex4 files back to mq4, so its not very save or guaranteed that nobody can see your code.

hope this helps.

regards,

mike

ashkan1115:

Hi every body

There are many posts on the site about the protection of your intellectual property. Just do a search.

In short:

- Dont' distribute your strategy - by talking about it, being careless with electronic documents etc.

- Don't distribute your .mq4 file - this is the source code and will directly expose your strategy

- Don't distribute your .ex4 file - this can be decompiled (reverse engineered) and whilst the output is not pretty, with a degree of effort, your strategy may be able to be derived

- Be careful about exposing your trading signals - this really depends upon how complex your strategy is and whether you regard it possible for a team of traders to reverse engineer with confidence

The last point (regarding exposure of your trading signals) is the one you need to think about when you give the investor password out. If the investor password is all that you provide, then your investor does not have access to the mq4 or ex4 files.

CB

Hello ashkan

You could also look here http://www.matchpeg.com/mqldefender/About.aspx

I am not associated with this site but it is managed by I believe, a very knowledgeable forum member.

hth

Reason: