Downloaded History Vs Chart History.

Hi,

I am a newbie and have just started a demo account with Alpari UK Ltd( seems comes default with MT4). When I downloaded history data a few days back, a warning appeared suggesting this data may not be same as Alpari Uk data. I didn't bother. However, I wanted to understand why I am able to see only around 7 days worth of Minute Data ( M1 ) in my chart. A few questions need some help

Does it mean that Downloaded history is seperate from what we see in the charts becoz downloaded history does not start showing in Price charts as they are not integrated at any level ??

If the above is true, is there a way to integrate it ?

What happens when I have a live account with (say Alpari only), would I again be liimited only to few days worth of data in the M1 chart ?

Is the purpose of the downloaded history just the strategy testing ?

All help is highly appreciated.

regards

SKT

skt1977:

Hi,

I am a newbie and have just started a demo account with Alpari UK Ltd( seems comes default with MT4). When I downloaded history data a few days back, a warning appeared suggesting this data may not be same as Alpari Uk data. I didn't bother. However, I wanted to understand why I am able to see only around 7 days worth of Minute Data ( M1 ) in my chart. A few questions need some help

Does it mean that Downloaded history is seperate from what we see in the charts becoz downloaded history does not start showing in Price charts as they are not integrated at any level ??

If the above is true, is there a way to integrate it ?

What happens when I have a live account with (say Alpari only), would I again be liimited only to few days worth of data in the M1 chart ?

Is the purpose of the downloaded history just the strategy testing ?

All help is highly appreciated.

regards

SKT

Go to Tool/Options/Chart, and set Max Bars In Chart to a higher number, e.g 65000.... That will give you atleast 2 months of data on 1M.

DayTrader wrote >>

Go to Tool/Options/Chart, and set Max Bars In Chart to a higher number, e.g 65000.... That will give you atleast 2 months of data on 1M.

Thanks !! A good know. However, The prob is probably something else and still unknown as Max Bars in Chart is already set to 65000. and max bars in history is set to 512000.

F1 F1 F1

regards

S K

Hi skt1977

My understanding about the downloaded data is that it does not come from the broker it comes direct from Metaquotes so it doesn't matter which broker you use you will always get the same data. I never use it unless I am dealing with a long timescale EA because the broker data is always significantly different on lower timescale charts due to different filtering by the broker. If you look at different brokers you will see some charts tick up and down like mad and others hardly move. I think the data download is mainly meant for back testing off line with higher timescale EAs like 1H plus. If you use the download and are connected to your broker I wouldn't trust the data between back test runs.

On my Alpari live account I get 2 months of 1minute data it goes back to April 8 from today. The amount of history data varies between brokers.

Reason: