I need a good history file for EURUSd - page 2

schnappi:
Thanks for this link. I never used the period converter before. Seems like yet another weird piece of code to me. The script never ends and consumes 100% of the CPU. All the manuals say "after 20-30 seconds force the script to end". Why doesn't end on itself? Blah...

Check for it ending by looking at the size of the file which it is creating.

CB

cloudbreaker:

Check for it ending by looking at the size of the file which it is creating.

CB

I'm going to rewrite this *** script to automatically write m5/m15/m30 and so on in a single run and then stop when it's done...

schnappi wrote >>

I'm going to rewrite this *** script to automatically write m5/m15/m30 and so on in a single run and then stop when it's done...

This (attached mq4 script) is what I use to get the job done, it is not pretty (the code that is) and could do with some cleaning up and changing out the repetitive if's for switches, etc.

Use: open offline M1 chart and attach this script

Output: automatically generates M5/M15/M30/H1/H4/D1/W1/MN hst files

Note: W1 candle open times are automatically aligned to first day of trade week (Monday) and MN candle open times are automatically aligned to the first open market day of the new month

1005phillip:

This (attached mq4 script) is what I use to get the job done, it is not pretty (the code that is) and could do with some cleaning up and changing out the repetitive if's for switches, etc.

I also wrote such a script today. I've already uploaded to the codebase...

Phillip: please see my question from page one, concerning historical data from disktrading:

Did you analyse the data automatically for gaps and spikes or is this a subjective evaluation?
At the moment I'm looking for market data and I also found pitrading. They offer market data at a similar price like disktrading.

schnappi:

I also wrote such a script today. I've already uploaded to the codebase...

Phillip: please see my question from page one, concerning historical data from disktrading:

I am almost sure disktrading is indicative data....

what's that?

schnappi:
what's that?

As the name implies - it's indicative of the market price... So it's basically an average of a few major sources (big liquidity providers - banks, etc.). It's fine for backtesting experts that trade long-term on large time-frames... But not good for experts that rely on M1 or smaller...

i think no kind of data that you can get for less than a few thousand $ is fine for m1 (or smaller!)...
probably metatrader isn't fine for that at all...
Reason: