Alerts - Newbie question

I am a newbie. I wrote a small EA for starters. I have set up alert whenever a particular indicator rises above a specific value. Alerts are showing up as expected. However, I am not realizing that there is an alert until a few mins after the alert. I don't have separate computer for MetaTrader. I minimize MetaTrader application and keep working on other applications. When alerts come up, I don't see any highlighting for MetaTrader application in Windows task bar. I tried to enable sound alerts by going to Tools --> Options --> Events. But enabling there, will give lot of sound alerts for news, connect, disconnect etc.

I am trying to do scalping for 8 to 10 pips. So I would like to see alerts as soon as they pop up.

1) Can I code a sound for my alert in my EA?

2) Or can I code so that the MetaTrader application maximizes in Windows when I an alert comes up?

If I can get either of the above functionality by modifying settings/options in MT4, that is fine too.

Thanks in advance.

1) Can I code a sound for my alert in my EA?

See PlaySound()

Thanks. That works. I am currently using Alpari US demo account for testing out my manual strategies. After a month, I would like to see a graph with balance(or equity) and drawdown plotted on timescale. Is there a way to get it in demo account? Thanks in advance.

koolguyme:
Thanks. That works. I am currently using Alpari US demo account for testing out my manual strategies. After a month, I would like to see a graph with balance(or equity) and drawdown plotted on timescale. Is there a way to get it in demo account? Thanks in advance.

hi, i am interested in your idea. can i have your EA program and test it?

i am trying to code this kind of program too. certainly, more can be done if we want.

my email is: opcode2003@gmail.com

thank you.

Reason: