how do i do market research, i want to know in any given currency in past history how much has it gone up without turning back

meaning id like to find out foe example how much has gbpusd gone up by in all history withot goin back 80pips

In my opinion that is a very complicated routine to write. My be able to get something to work if you use fractals and super fractals to identify the high points and low points so you have a start and end point for measurement.

thax for replying but im a newbie so havent a clue what ur on about, lol. i guess ur suggesting that i write a code. but my programming abilities are very low at best so id lyk to know what tool are out there for me.

Shaya,

Perhaps if you simply looked at some charts that show a lot of history, you could get a feel for the kind of market movements you are seeking. But if you want detailed info in numerical format, I think you will have to write a code for that, and as I indicated in my earlier post, that seems to me to be a complicated routine. You are right, daunting with regard to effort and questionable as to the benefit that would be derived I might add. There are certainly a number of significant market moves every month. The trick is detecting them early and I'm not sure the info you seek will benefit you regarding the early detection aspect.

I like to use the free charts that dailyfx.com offers because I can "tile" four different charts (M1, M5, M15, H1) of the same currencies on my screen, then for another view of the same currency I tile four more charts (4H, D, Wlky, Mthly) for a really long view on that currency. These charts offer a lot of flexibility and customization features.

I use the PowerCharts that are availabe on this webpage http://www.dailyfx.com/charts/

Cheers

i understand so i guess there are no tools for what i need, there is another thing im trying to understand how the indicators work especially stochastiv

Shaya:
i understand so i guess there are no tools for what i need, there is another thing im trying to understand how the indicators work especially stochastiv

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stochastic_oscillator

that much to heavy for me lol thanx though.

Reason: