Break in Indicator - page 2

LadyPips wrote >>

The D-Wave is basically a mechanized Elliot Wave, so eventually I will put in all of the coding for 5 waves and the abc waves. Right now I am just trying to figure if I want to use the buffers and the DRAW_ZIGZAG or if I will just do Objects with Trend lines. I figured that the ZIGZAG would be a little bit cleaner so I was leaning more towards that. I am testing right now to see if I can accomplish what I need to with the ZIGZAG and that is basically that when the wave is completed I need there to be a gap between the end of the wave and the start of a new one.

I know that using the ObjectCreate with the Trendlines will work, it just involves a lot of setting up the properties and then a lot of deleting past objects. As my knowledge of MQL is somewhat limited I thought that I would venture into something new by seeing if I could use the indicator buffers instead and if this would be cleaner.

see the example iFatWorm tht ruptor just posted; two buffers to draw one line, each buffer handles a different color

LadyPips wrote >>

Is there a way to stop the indicator from drawing when a certain criteria is met? I am currently trying to program a D-Wave indicator and I am trying to figure out how to "stop" the indicator when the wave is completed.

The attached code will currently have a line that goes from when the wave is completed to the start of the next wave. I want this line to be deleted.

Hi Ladypips

i have also read the chapter on TD-Wave, Demarks mechanical refinement of Elliotwave theory published by Bloomberg. Have you finished the code successfully? I would be very interessed to test it. Thanks for the TD-Sequential indicator. Combined with TD-Combo it gives great signals. I am currenty investing with MIG Investments (forex) based in Neuchatel, Switzerland the technical analysis given there by chief investor Paul Day are very percise. He uses a combination of TD-Sequentials, TD-combo and TDmoving averages.

Best regards

LadyPips:

I did set the buffer to =EMPTY. The problem is that the setindexemptyvalue is set to 0.0, so when my buffer equals empty it drops the lines down to 0.0. I have tried to set my setindexemptyvalue to equal NULL but I get the same effect. What was your empty value set to that caused you to get the gap, do you remember?

Not EMPTY, EMPTY_VALUE.

If you use setindexemptyvalue() then you must use that value to blank not EMPTY_VALUE

Check your inbox

Thank you very much for your TD MAB sequential. I think it s excellent translation of DM indicator,

I would like to have TD REI

Can you writre or program one,

Or where can i find one ? It s impossible to find one ?

Thank you very much

xqq:
Check your inbox

Dear xqq, 

May i get 1 copy of TD-Wave from you?

Looking for your response asap.

Tks & Rgds, 

Chi Thanh

Reason: