Spread-Betting with MetaTrader

Spread-Betting is a tax free way of trading in the UK but there are currently no Spread-Betting companies that use the MetaTrader platform. Are there any plans to include Spread-Betting instruments within MetaTrader? There are plenty of active traders in the UK who want to automate spread bets but have no way of doing this at the moment.

My group has an idea to develop some tool for MT to allow spread betting. Tax reason of course. We can talk (PM) if you have any thoughts..

RobWalker:
Spread-Betting is a tax free way of trading in the UK but there are currently no Spread-Betting companies that use the MetaTrader platform. Are there any plans to include Spread-Betting instruments within MetaTrader? There are plenty of active traders in the UK who want to automate spread bets but have no way of doing this at the moment.

Hi Rob

I thought ODL did spread betting with MT4 now. I ask them last year and they said it was coming soon and I thought they sent me an email saying it was available. It is worth asking them because even if they don't have it yet, more people asking will prompt them.

Rob

Is interesting idea... in past I've tangled with SB firms - they have all played loose with spreads and quotes based on fairy tales and their platforms are for this old guy, a nightmare - lol

Capital Spreads, Finspreads, TradIndex (something else now) were [when I was using them] all with minimum 1gbp/point which is like a mini-lot and seems bit rich chucking around 1gbp as if were nothing - unless of course they mimic demo a/c functionality as well (but demo trading never has been analogous to a real live a/c data feed). I'd just be a bit stressed having to effectively trial a system on live a/c data feed using 1gbp a pop!!!

But your post really is a great thought because of the tax issue. I could see using usual MT brokers on demo and/or micro's on live a/c to fine tune a system to the point where it makes consistent income and can be trusted...

Then move it onto SB. Yes, that would be veeeery nice indeed, not having to pay tax.

I googled the following from ODL Markets Reviewed - Pros/Cons

ODL Markets are currently trying to integrate their spread betting offering into Meta Trader 4. For those of you who aren't familiar with MetaTrader 4, it is an online dealing system (platform) designed for financial institutions dealing with Forex, CFDs, and Futures markets. MetaTrader 4 used by more than 100 brokerage companies and banks worldwide. This is not as simple as it sounds as the Meta Trader platform was originally designed for forex trading not spread betting but ODL are making a good effort at trying to make it work.

Ruptor

Your 'asking' idea is good one. I'm off to do right now. Will post if get any relevant reply...

I ased ODL and their response was that this is something they are considering...but I also got a lot of sales patter like "are you aware of our current offers" etc, so I'm not so confident this is the genuine situation.

If any solace to an otherwise "Resistance is Futile" exercise, one could always use MT on a data feed that was closely aligned to that of the SB. Then just have EA,script,Ind, eyes ... whatever, tell you when to place SB platform trade. Higher timeframes would most likely be best...

Think this is massive time wasting exercise. The general body of UK MT'ers will soon enough alert all when an MT enabled SB comes online!

Or is that when pigs will fly???

Enjoyable trading to all !!!

Bye

Reason: