MT5 a step backwards?? - page 13

This is like the argumants that persist every time a new version of windows is released, so many people say they hate it and it is worse than the previous version etc etc but eventually they all switch over to the newer version and then the next new version is released and the argument starts all over again.

I dont plan on using mt5 untill it becomes neccessary for me to do so, or when the consensus of opionion on the mql5 forum gives me reason to believe mt5 is so much better than mt4 that I am missing out by not using it.

I dragged my feet in converting from MT3 to MT4 (and thusly MQL to MQL4) and it was definitely to my disadvantage. I'll give mql5 time to be debugged and fixed by the overly-eager early adopters but I can't imagine I'll be sticking with MT4 more than 3 months or so after a tier 1 broker makes it available for demo or live account usage.

MT5 companies are a big disgrace, I can't even login with my mobile with my new MT5 account, you know what I'm going to delete the MT5 and continue using MT4, they wouldn't have called it MT5 because from my point and how most people experience it, they could have called it MT0

It seems using MT5 does not allow to call indicators directly.

Now you have to create the indicator ( create a handle ), and you also need to copy the buffer of the indicator before accessing the data.

What a mess !

Currently using MT4, I am accessing the indicators with mathematic formulas in the arguments for using dynamic parameters, so there is a different value (calculated by math formula) for a moving average period for example.

What I am supposed to do with MQL5 code ? create an infinite number of indicators with the function IndicatorCreate, manage a list of infinite handlers et copying infinite number of buffers ?

Really ? WTF

I don't even think I can migrate my EA to MT5

Do I will have to go to PRT because of MT4 shutdown ?

in mt5 you can't even add horizontal line or a trend line in the strategy tester

Philippe Pauleau:

It seems using MT5 does not allow to call indicators directly.

Now you have to create the indicator ( create a handle ), and you also need to copy the buffer of the indicator before accessing the data.

What a mess !

Currently using MT4, I am accessing the indicators with mathematic formulas in the arguments for using dynamic parameters, so there is a different value (calculated by math formula) for a moving average period for example.

What I am supposed to do with MQL5 code ? create an infinite number of indicators with the function IndicatorCreate, manage a list of infinite handlers et copying infinite number of buffers ?

Really ? WTF

I don't even think I can migrate my EA to MT5

Do I will have to go to PRT because of MT4 shutdown ?

What do you think is done by MT4 terminal when you call iCustom with dynamic parameters ?  Exactly the same as with mql5, an "infinite" numbers of indicators are launched in the background. With mql5 you have the opportunity to get more control over this process.

Of course it's a bit more complicated from the mql5 coder point of view, but it's really not a big deal once you understood it, and it can offer serious speed improvement (not always).

If you really need an "infinite" number of custom indicator instance (dynamic parameters) you should probably consider something less resources consuming than using iCustom(). Of course it depends of your specific needs.

Alain Verleyen:

What do you think is done by MT4 terminal when you call iCustom with dynamic parameters ?  Exactly the same as with mql5, an "infinite" numbers of indicators are launched in the background. With mql5 you have the opportunity to get more control over this process.

Of course it's a bit more complicated from the mql5 coder point of view, but it's really not a big deal once you understood it, and it can offer serious speed improvement (not always).

If you really need an "infinite" number of custom indicator instance (dynamic parameters) you should probably consider something less resources consuming than using iCustom(). Of course it depends of your specific needs.

I was speaking about all indicators, first integrated indicators ( moving average, macd ... ), not custom indicator only.

Ola Karlsson:
in mt5 you can't even add horizontal line or a trend line in the strategy tester
It's possible but you will need a custom tool to do it.

Alain Verleyen:
It's possible but you will need a custom tool to do it.

can you please show me the custom tool. i have spent 150 dollar to convert my ea to mt5, and it is based on horizontal line i rename

Ola Karlsson:

can you please show me the custom tool. i have spent 150 dollar to convert my ea to mt5, and it is based on horizontal line i rename

I am talking in general, not referring to any specific tool.

If your requirements are so simple, your EA can just have a "Add horizontal line" button, to draw the line when you click on it and allow you to rename it.

Reason: