MT5 a step backwards??

From everything I've seen and read MT5 SUCKS!!

No individual orders listed, NO Hedging, and INCOMPATIBLE with anything MT4.....What a tragedy. Although MetaTrader "Sells" their product to Brokers...WE the users/programmers are the ones responsible for MT4s success. It looks like Meta has lost sight of this basic premise.... MT5 from everything I've seen is a step BACKWARDS!!!! I don't want to trade stocks on MetaTrader...and I DEFINETLY WON'T give up functionality to have something I won't use. I have MT4 to trade currencies and a stock broker for stocks!!!! Please reconsider the basics I and numerous others demand.....Hedging, Individual order listing, and MT4/5 compatability!!

Thanks BR

n8937g:

No individual orders listed, NO Hedging, and INCOMPATIBLE with anything MT4.....What a tragedy. Although MetaTrader "Sells" their product to Brokers...WE the users/programmers are the ones responsible for MT4s success. It looks like Meta has lost sight of this basic premise.... MT5 from everything I've seen is a step BACKWARDS!!!! I don't want to trade stocks on MetaTrader...and I DEFINETLY WON'T give up functionality to have something I won't use. I have MT4 to trade currencies and a stock broker for stocks!!!! Please reconsider the basics I and numerous others demand.....Hedging, Individual order listing, and MT4/5 compatability!!

Thanks BR

I could seriously see green light in this submission pls.  Metaquote should think on these facts though hedging is NOT compulsory.

> hedging is NOT compulsory

but the ability to cover definitely is essential

Maybe this is OK in MT5 though, because my reading of this 'MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal' thread is that opposing orders can be made but the 'position' is reported as singular (i.e. the net position) to the broker?

-BB-

n8937g wrote >>

Thanks BR

They will not listen to you.. MT is for brokers. They are MQ clients providing profit and obviously there is better bussiness to offer trading on more instruments.. I think all those stupid changes come from update of platform to stocks etc.

Sad, isn't it?

BarrowBoy:

[...] opposing orders can be made but the 'position' is reported as singular (i.e. the net position) to the broker?

Strictly speaking, I think that the position is reported by the broker to MT5, rather than the other way round. But orders in opposing directions should indeed not be a problem. All this is a "step forwards" for Metaquotes... they get to charge brokers for both MT4 and MT5. They've actually got an incentive to break compatibility and keep a population of die-hard users on MT4.

n8937g:

Thanks BR

I can't agree with you any more!! MQ has lost its sight in developing MT5 which supposed to be the best trading platform for FOREX. The gaining of popularity of MT4 in past 2 years have made them too ambitious, intending to conquer the whole world by taking on the big guys like IB (Interactive Broker) by offering all in one platform. (Forex, Stock,Future, index, basically anything that can be traded)

In doing so, they are taking away few of the great features of MT4 for the sake of compatibility with other markets. For people who are still believing they can hedge in MT5, just all trades got consolidated into one position.... Stop dreaming, read this post please https://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4/20130-metatrader-5-client-terminal-2.html) Lenar has cleared stated in that post no hedging will be allowed in MT5, but adding positions of the same direction will be allowed, so Martingale is okay.

I think MQ should split MT5 into 2 products, one is MT5 for Forex which kept all the great features of MT4 but with improved speed and performance, the other one is MT5 for stocks...

I would like to see metatrader for other instruments. I recently checked with futures brokers and platforms they are offering and it's God-awful compared to metatrader and often it's not free. The alternative: pay big bucks for tradestation.

irusoh1:
I would like to see metatrader for other instruments. I recently checked with futures brokers and platforms they are offering and it's God-awful compared to metatrader and often it's not free. The alternative: pay big bucks for tradestation.

Iruoh...BUT THEY ARE RUINING MetaTrader to accomadate these other instruments!!! These changes will make MetaTrader God-Awful!!! And do you think MT5 will be free??

n8937g:

Iruoh...BUT THEY ARE RUINING MetaTrader to accomadate these other instruments!!! These changes will make MetaTrader God-Awful!!! And do you think MT5 will be free??

Na... MT5 would be rockin with other instruments. Just imagine not only fx, but futures (cfd-versions) along with lots of option classes. Lots of opportunities for real-world hedging, (i.e. where the two instruments are NOT identical) and for trading styles that were never tried. How would it be to buy options on signals, instead of just long/short the fx pair. Or construct forex grids with options. Or try correlation strategies with options and their fx underlyings, vs fx futures and their own options... Same thing about stocks and options... If it will have a multiasset backtester and multiple asset classes it would just rock.

TheEconomist:

Na... MT5 would be rockin with other instruments. Just imagine not only fx, but futures (cfd-versions) along with lots of option classes. Lots of opportunities for real-world hedging, (i.e. where the two instruments are NOT identical) and for trading styles that were never tried. How would it be to buy options on signals, instead of just long/short the fx pair. Or construct forex grids with options. Or try correlation strategies with options and their fx underlyings, vs fx futures and their own options... Same thing about stocks and options... If it will have a multiasset backtester and multiple asset classes it would just rock.

We basically just disagree....I have other Brokers/Accounts that I'm very happy with for these other instruments....I don't/WON'T give up functionality on my FX platform to allow for these other instruments....

Copy that post 100 times, you guys are looking at yourself and groupies. MT5 is total mess for user....

and specialy for those who use MT4, hedging, and indicators that make sens, not color funny things...

You have NO IDEA how you F** my plan whit your no hedging and no mt4 compatibility...... EA's.....

Were is your mind?!?

You'r ain't looking at reality, it's a backstep for most metatrader user, the one that give popularity to this program.

Review your plan, this is no use approch.....

Another good thing that go wrong, or commercial....

I just hope ths will crash honnestly.... and will surely not use this new version.

Upgrade?!? Dowgrade yeah.... a bit like windows vista... LOL

TOTAL MESS!!!

Reason: