iCustom problems

Hi guys, wonder if someone can give some clarification....i was always under the impression that an indicator can only have 8 buffers....

but this indy has (it seems, i might be wrong) 12 buffers.

My problem is that I am trying to call the values of 2 of the lines in this indy...(have done this sort of thing many times) but it wont return a value...it gives : 0.0000

I tried to call it like this : but it does not return proper values...can some one tell me what im doing wrong? please

min108 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,2,0);
   min188 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,10,0);
   min508 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,2,0);
   min588 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,10,0);
   min1508 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,2,0);
   min1588 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,10,0);
   min3008 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,2,0);
   min3088 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M30,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,10,0);
   min6008 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,2,0);
   min6088 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,10,0);
   min24008 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H4,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,2,0);
   min24088 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H4,"8376-better-murray-math-mm-levels",64,0,10,0);

23510:

Hi guys, wonder if someone can give some clarification....i was always under the impression that an indicator can only have 8 buffers....

but this indy has (it seems, i might be wrong) 12 buffers.

My problem is that I am trying to call the values of 2 of the lines in this indy...(have done this sort of thing many times) but it wont return a value...it gives : 0.0000

I tried to call it like this : but it does not return proper values...can some one tell me what im doing wrong? please

Yes, an indicator can only have 8 buffers. And what you show are not buffers, just values of this indicator with different settings. I see the indicator filename is 8376tbetterqmurraybmathbmmolevels.mq4.

So you can try this: min188 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"8376bettermurraymathmmlevels",64,0,10,0);

Regards!

robofx.org:

Yes, an indicator can only have 8 buffers. And what you show are not buffers, just values of this indicator with different settings. I see the indicator filename is 8376tbetterqmurraybmathbmmolevels.mq4.

So you can try this: min188 = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_M1,"8376bettermurraymathmmlevels",64,0,10,0);

Regards!

thanx robofx...the forum adjusted the name the indicatorname is actually like this :

so i think its something else

23510:

thanx robofx...the forum adjusted the name the indicatorname is actually like this :

so i think its something else

When using iCustom function the next to the last parameter should be from 0 to 7 and must correspond with the index used by one of SetIndexBuffer functions. I took a brief look at the indicator and found it uses no buffers at all. It creates just objects. That's the reason you always get 0.0000.

robofx.org:

When using iCustom function the next to the last parameter should be from 0 to 7 and must correspond with the index used by one of SetIndexBuffer functions. I took a brief look at the indicator and found it uses no buffers at all. It creates just objects. That's the reason you always get 0.0000.

ok thanx that makes sence...but then how do i get the values of the 0/8 and 8/8 lines to display as a comment on my chart?

I want to make a comment that returns the values of these lines over multiple TF's so i dont have to flick through charts...like this :

23510:

ok thanx that makes sence...but then how do i get the values of the 0/8 and 8/8 lines to display as a comment on my chart?

I want to make a comment that returns the values of these lines over multiple TF's so i dont have to flick through charts...like this :

Well.. probably you have to modify the indicator or create a new one..

robofx.org:

Well.. probably you have to modify the indicator or create a new one..

aaarg! was hoping for a simpler answer...but I guess life cant be all that easy all the time.

thanx for the help

I was wondering if it isnt possible to get the value of the object returned in double form by using the objectget function?

i see the objects are named individually and so they should be able to be selected...but how do i follow this process?

never really used ObjectGet before and the documentation on it is pretty sparse and vague...

thanx

Reason: