New Version: MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 224

1. Added new error code 149 ("Hedge is prohibited") that is returned to a client at the attempt to open an opposite position to an existing one if hedging is prohibited.
  2. Changed descriptions of some functions in MQL4 Help.
  3. Fixed operation of the ArrayCopy function with timeseries array: in some cases the zero element of an array was not copied.
  4. Fixed displaying of the list of open positions in Windows Vista: eliminated title blinking.
  5. Fixed error that could result in the reconnection of client terminals.
  6. Fixed client terminal failure because of a critical error in Windows 7.
  7. Added new language packs (Latvian and Croatian), amended existing packs.

The live update will be available through the LiveUpdate system.

Rosh wrote >>
  1. Added new error code 149 ("Hedge is prohibited") that is returned to a client at the attempt to open an opposite position to an existing one if hedging is prohibited.

Why added this code 149? This was stopped my best Expert :( Hedge is useful action for financial markets.

sasa999:

Why added this code 149? This was stopped my best Expert :( Hedge is useful action for financial markets.

That was added it because there must be an error code to describe why hedges cannot be open on US brokers that forbid hedging due to new NFA regulations -  so if your EA doesn't work anymore, you're with a US broker now.

Build 224 crashes when I load my EA...I have another platform on build 223 and it works fine.

any advice on what I can do to fix this issue?

I have attached a pic of the critical error i get

EA should be compiled by 224 build before to launch.

Rosh:
EA should be compiled by 224 build before to launch.

Rosh, I updated my platofrm but it did not update my Metateditor...hoew do I updte my Metaeditor to build 224 manually?

23510:

Rosh, I updated my platofrm but it did not update my Metateditor...hoew do I updte my Metaeditor to build 224 manually?

I mean MetaEditor which goes with MetaTrader 4 build 224.

Rosh:

I mean MetaEditor which goes with MetaTrader 4 build 224.

Ok thanx I understand....I used it and it works..thanx for the advice.

I wish LiveUpdate have Resume support, so it doesn't need to redownload big files over and over and over from the start on slow/bad connection and eventually never finished overall update T_T

Every times I launch MT4 on Vista LiveUpdate ask to run and I click Yes but at the end the version is 217 again. What can I do to force upgrading to latest version ?

P.S. On Win XP I have not this problem.

Update of 10/06/2009 h 8:45 Done !!! I've seen here the solution https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/115571. Thanks !

Dainesi:

Every times I launch MT4 on Vista LiveUpdate ask to run and I click Yes but at the end the version is 217 again. What can I do to force upgrading to latest version ?

P.S. On Win XP I have not this problem.

Update of 10/06/2009 h 8:45 Done !!! I've seen here the solution 'Live Update failed to upgrade build 220 to 221, on Windows Vista.'. Thanks !

Get rid of Vista

Reason: