EA eating away all the memory in the VPS?

Is it possible for memory leaks when running the MT4.

Is it possible for EAs to use up all memory after some time. My live terminal keeps increasing in memory usage(Task Manager).

Have anyone of you seen this? any solutions?

Is this because of too many messages in the experts tab? Anyway to keep the history in the experts tab to minimum(say, keep only 2 hours of history)?

Tom23824 wrote >>

Is it possible for memory leaks when running the MT4.

Is it possible for EAs to use up all memory after some time. My live terminal keeps increasing in memory usage(Task Manager).

Have anyone of you seen this? any solutions?

Is this because of too many messages in the experts tab? Anyway to keep the history in the experts tab to minimum(say, keep only 2 hours of history)?

I had this problem earlier, traced it to svchost.exe files, you can open the Processes tab in task manager and watch their behaviour, they seem to keep growing even after the Ea testing is stopped. At first i lived dangerously and just deleted the ones I thought were too large and causing the problem. Not a good idea. So,

I did a google search and if memory serves there are free registry cures available, took a lot of messing around and probably should have just bought Registry Cure.

Here's a link to get you started. http://www.exenerd.com/exe.php?seed=Svchost.exe

There is an explanation here of the problem.

HTH

Keith

kminler wrote >>

I had this problem earlier, traced it to svchost.exe files, you can open the Processes tab in task manager and watch their behaviour, they seem to keep growing even after the Ea testing is stopped. At first i lived dangerously and just deleted the ones I thought were too large and causing the problem. Not a good idea. So,

I did a google search and if memory serves there are free registry cures available, took a lot of messing around and probably should have just bought Registry Cure.

Here's a link to get you started. http://www.exenerd.com/exe.php?seed=Svchost.exe

There is an explanation here of the problem.

HTH

Keith

Thanks for the link. The tool only works for 32 bit os. My vps is running on 64bit. any other ideas?

I notice five or six svchost.exe files but nothing more...no increase in memory for these.

The terminal process(live mt4) in task manager is the one that keeps increasing in memory usage.

Tom23824 wrote >>

Thanks for the link. The tool only works for 32 bit os. My vps is running on 64bit. any other ideas?

I notice five or six svchost.exe files but nothing more...no increase in memory for these.

The terminal process(live mt4) in task manager is the one that keeps increasing in memory usage.

You can explore these links, which appeared below your reply to me and of course they lead to other links, which may give some help.

The only thing I can think of is some kind of excessive computational load with a complex indicator, more than likely that is not the case and

is a MT4/OS system issue. Appears that you are using vista, maybe explore the vista issues.

HTH

Keith

kminler wrote >>

You can explore these links, which appeared below your reply to me and of course they lead to other links, which may give some help.

The only thing I can think of is some kind of excessive computational load with a complex indicator, more than likely that is not the case and

is a MT4/OS system issue. Appears that you are using vista, maybe explore the vista issues.

HTH

Keith

I think its the EA. EA is using up all of the memory.

Not using vista. using windows server.

In Tools / Options / Charts, what are the "Max bars" set to? These will gobble up memory proportional to the amount of history you have downloaded, so you need to set a reasonable limit.

Reason: