Experienced Programmer to build your EA

Hello,

I have been reading this forum for a while but just signed up to it today (so.. Hello everyone!).

A little about me:
I have been programming in C language for the equivalent of about 13 years of experience. When I started skimming through the get-rich-quick marketed EA's, I decided to start building my own. MQL4 is very very similar to the C language so I am very familiar with its syntax (not to mention the possibilty of easily coding a DLL for even more control/math in the EA). I have had success writing my whole EA in just a couple of hours of work due to the similarities between the two languages. Unfortunately, I am just starting the forex market and my trading knowledge is well behind my programming skills.

What I would like to propose:
I truly believe that I can build a symbiotic relationship with someone on this forum. You need a programmer and I need a profitable trading plan.
Your_Trading_Experience + My_Programming = Private_Profitable_EA

The code:
The source code of the EA will be made available to you. I will not share the code with anyone other than you.

What you should have to offer:
1. Experience in the Forex market.
2. A solid, detailed, tested, but SIMPLE trading plan (I'm NOT willing to code a single EA for over a year).
3. Be able to talk quickly (fast emails or instant messaging) since dialogue will make the progress much faster.

All I want is that you email me your story at first, not necessarily your secret plan:
What got you started trading Forex?
How long have you been trading Forex?
How complicated is your trading plan?
Do you use your own oscillators/indicators?
Do you now make a living with your trading plan?
etc...

I will probably be able to reply to every email I receive but I won't possibly be able to code for everyone that is interested.

You can reach me at archael18[AttT]hotmail[DooOoT]com or reply here directly.

Looking forward to working with one of you!
Jon

I'm afraid this forum is swarming with programmers rather than people looking for one...

Shinigami wrote >>

I'm afraid this forum is swarming with programmers rather than people looking for one...

I've seen quite a few people in other threads hoping to get something created. It actually looks more like there's not enough programmers for all the people who want an EA created.

Shinigami:

There are a lot of programmers on here. But not all will be willing to engage to construct EAs for other members.

My own story, for example, is that I have twice the coding experience of Archael (starting my career as an Assembly Language programmer 25 yrs ago), but I'm only participating in the forum in order to help fledgling programmers (those ones who are trying to help themselves). And to solicit help myself from time to time.

I work as a commercial chopper pilot here in Northern Ireland, but given the lack of flying that my company wants to do at the moment, I've spent the last few months constructing EAs for my friend's company.

Like myself, there will be many programmers on the forum with different approaches - I'd say to Archael - good on you for a professionally worded pitch. If your coding is of a similar quality, you deserve to do well. Good luck mate.

cloudbreaker wrote >>

There are a lot of programmers on here. But not all will be willing to engage to construct EAs for other members.

My own story, for example, is that I have twice the coding experience of Archael (starting my career as an Assembly Language programmer 25 yrs ago), but I'm only participating in the forum in order to help fledgling programmers (those ones who are trying to help themselves). And to solicit help myself from time to time.

I work as a commercial chopper pilot here in Northern Ireland, but given the lack of flying that my company wants to do at the moment, I've spent the last few months constructing EAs for my friend's company.

Like myself, there will be many programmers on the forum with different approaches - I'd say to Archael - good on you for a professionally worded pitch. If your coding is of a similar quality, you deserve to do well. Good luck mate.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement cloudbreaker. Props to you for starting in assembly! That language is no joke!

Any programmers out there:

please contact me

amdegia (atTTT) yahoo ( dooot) com

I would like to join a trade taking EA with a money management EA with some minor filters/modifications.

Please contact me...

Is this thread still alive? If so, I have an offer.

Cheero

Archael:

Hello,

I have been reading this forum for a while but just signed up to it today (so.. Hello everyone!).

A little about me:
I have been programming in C language for the equivalent of about 13 years of experience. When I started skimming through the get-rich-quick marketed EA's, I decided to start building my own. MQL4 is very very similar to the C language so I am very familiar with its syntax (not to mention the possibilty of easily coding a DLL for even more control/math in the EA). I have had success writing my whole EA in just a couple of hours of work due to the similarities between the two languages. Unfortunately, I am just starting the forex market and my trading knowledge is well behind my programming skills.

What I would like to propose:
I truly believe that I can build a symbiotic relationship with someone on this forum. You need a programmer and I need a profitable trading plan.
Your_Trading_Experience + My_Programming = Private_Profitable_EA

The code:
The source code of the EA will be made available to you. I will not share the code with anyone other than you.

What you should have to offer:
1. Experience in the Forex market.
2. A solid, detailed, tested, but SIMPLE trading plan (I'm NOT willing to code a single EA for over a year).
3. Be able to talk quickly (fast emails or instant messaging) since dialogue will make the progress much faster.

All I want is that you email me your story at first, not necessarily your secret plan:
What got you started trading Forex?
How long have you been trading Forex?
How complicated is your trading plan?
Do you use your own oscillators/indicators?
Do you now make a living with your trading plan?
etc...

I will probably be able to reply to every email I receive but I won't possibly be able to code for everyone that is interested.

You can reach me at archael18[AttT]hotmail[DooOoT]com or reply here directly.

Looking forward to working with one of you!
Jon

cloudbreaker:

Most of the people wanting programmers, want it done for free. "No slaves here, learn to code or pay someone"

There are:

1. People who post here
  2. the mql5 coding site
  3. DelphiScalper.com recomended:
    Rentacode.com
    Elance.com
    ProgrammingForex.com
  4. search

Hi Archael,

Welcome to the Real world, I am not a Programmer but on the MQL4 website the Majority of Programmers here are also traders I hope you get Lucky with your Proposal.

Enjoy.

Chris.

Hi guys,

This thread has been revived after a year and a half. A lot has happened since then. I first programmed for people with the hopes of finding something mutually beneficial but work piled up so fast that I ended up making a site and charging hourly for my services. A few hundred EA's later, I started getting bigger projects outside of the forex industry and now I'm completely buried in work for months to come -- not counting my own projects.

In short, I want to thank anyone and everyone that was interested in my services but I currently have too much to do to be able to accept anymore projects.

Good luck,

Jon

Reason: