Anyone here work/live near Cambridge, UK?

Hi, I'm looking to hook up with someone reasonably local to me to develop automation of some of my successful FX strategies. If anyone lives around Cambridge UK then please get in touch. Thanks. I am new to MQL4 and whilst I want to learn, I am not that familiar with coding generally, and I know it will take me an age on my own:)

FS

If you want free, quick & local - unlikely

If you want free and on the forum, you'll have to post something for us to work with, either a fully described system or some code attempts for correction

If you want fast, there are several people that are contactable on here for pro coding

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

FS

If you want free, quick & local - unlikely

If you want free and on the forum, you'll have to post something for us to work with, either a fully described system or some code attempts for correction

If you want fast, there are several people that are contactable on here for pro coding

-BB-

Hi BarrowBoy thanks for response. OK, I will delve into MQL4 a bit more. Can anyone point me to some example scripts describing detailed candle patterns? Cheers, FS

Hi

I live in UK but not close to you. You can pick up the code quite quickly but it is all the idiosyncrasies of the language compiler, the back tester and the trading platform that take a long time to learn. For instance you can't just send an order and expect it to be executed so you have to test for all the errors that might occur like server busy etc and a one line order turns in to a routine. That is what most people don't understand about software it is all about dealing with the unknown external influences rather than just the code for doing the job. On top of that you have to get an understanding of the limits of the back tester like it says it uses every tick when it actually uses 1 minute candles. If your strategy is relatively straight forward like open at a condition and close at a condition then you should take the standard EA's and try modifying it to use your indicators and open close points instead. This site is good for help if you describe your problem succinctly. I wonder how many experts actually use MQL4 maybe they all write in C++ and just use the platform to place the trades.

Reason: