controlling from selfmade EA another EA

hi,

is there any possibility to control the orders from an actual running EA ?

e.g. the EA generates a BUY order with specific attributes, and i want to design another EA which denies the order from this other system ...

is that possible ?

or e.g. that there is a controlling instance which checks all orders from different EA´s, and if my own programmed EA accepts the conditions of the order, the order will be executed ...

Can I design such a EA ?

ulukai:

hi,

e.g. the EA generates a BUY order with specific attributes, and i want to design another EA which denies the order from this other system ...

is that possible ?

or e.g. that there is a controlling instance which checks all orders from different EA´s, and if my own programmed EA accepts the conditions of the order, the order will be executed ...

Can I design such a EA ?

We can not altere our send order, but we can combine filtered it out before send order or close, close and reverse, or delete ticket .

ulukai:

hi,

is that possible ?

Can I design such a EA ?

The EA that originally opens the orders could set a predefined magic number which would then be used by the 2nd EA to positively identify orders for modification. The originating EA could also write this magic number along with status information to a file (ie. currently safe/unsafe to modify my orders). Your 2nd EA could then be given read access to this file.

Depends on how much control you have over the 'originating' EA.

If you have no control over the originating EA, then I guess it depends upon how predictable its behaviour is. For example, if it is the only EA to open orders for a certain account, then you've just ID'd them without the use of magic numbers. And if the originating EA only opens, modifies or closes orders at predictable times, then you can avoid conflicts without making the EAs aware of each other's state - just remember to check the trade context before performing any functions on those orders.

Hi Ulukai

Article "Ultimate Certainty: Automatic Trading Concept of AIS Series Software" contains "External control" sample.

Best regards

Ais

"If you have no control over the originating EA"

thats the point, I cannot control the originating EA and I have not designed this EA. The only thing the second EA should do,

is to enable or disable the originating EA´s orders, if a specific condition is reached.

my problem is, to find a On/Off function for the original EA, so outgoing orders will be blocked and modified by a second EA.

ulukai wrote >>

thats the point, I cannot control the originating EA and I have not designed this EA. The only thing the second EA should do,

is to enable or disable the originating EA´s orders, if a specific condition is reached.

my problem is, to find a On/Off function for the original EA, so outgoing orders will be blocked and modified by a second EA.

i think u cant do anything here

ulukai:

What do you mean "blocked" AND "modified"?

If you mean that you wish to intercept and modify, then - yes it can be done. However, I don't think it can be done with an EA alone and if this is the case, it certainly won't be an elegant solution. You could use the 2nd EA to decide on the market circumstances and then develop another lower level application which would be called by this EA. Whilst the lower level app would have more power, it would also be more crude. Depending upon the degree of complexity you can cope with, you could write a simple app to stop the MT4 platform; or you could write a complex app to pattern match and modify the order opens on the fly.

The best you can do, I guess, is creating a Loop to simply close all new orders as soon as they are sent. But in this case you will probably lose money by paying the spread.

If you want to control the conditions under which the external EA trades, your own EA could open and close the chart containing the ext EA according to the conditions in your own EA, and of course your EA can modify etc the trades.....
Reason: