Settings and tweaks for beginners

I got the system working for the most part. However, it trakes lot size .1 though I set it to 1. How do I fix that?

The second situation is that I need to verify the GMT setting. http://time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6/java says Central time is -5, but the URL shows -6. From the company that introduced me, they gave an example which seemed to indicate -8. I could make a chart if someone could confirm the right time. Thank you.

Jehoiada wrote >>

I got the system working for the most part. However, it trakes lot size .1 though I set it to 1. How do I fix that?

The second situation is that I need to verify the GMT setting. http://time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6/java says Central time is -5, but the URL shows -6. From the company that introduced me, they gave an example which seemed to indicate -8. I could make a chart if someone could confirm the right time. Thank you.

This will help you with your GMT offset 'GMT Offset' Note it's not where you or your broker are located, it's where your broker has set your trading platform at.

Your robot probably has a risk setting and is trading probably right where it needs to. However, you should have recieved a manual that should have explained how to make changes. Their should be a "properties" or " options' setting on your EA. When you launch it on to a chart it should come up. If it is already running right click on the smiley face and click on properties. Other than that you'll have to contact the company where you got it from. You didn't say which EA you are referring to. I'm only familiar with Fapturbo.

Alan

aj34997 wrote >>

This will help you with your GMT offset 'GMT Offset' Note it's not where you or your broker are located, it's where your broker has set your trading platform at.

Your robot probably has a risk setting and is trading probably right where it needs to. However, you should have recieved a manual that should have explained how to make changes. Their should be a "properties" or " options' setting on your EA. When you launch it on to a chart it should come up. If it is already running right click on the smiley face and click on properties. Other than that you'll have to contact the company where you got it from. You didn't say which EA you are referring to. I'm only familiar with Fapturbo.

Alan

Thank you. I found something similar about GMT offset posted by someone else. I am using Fapturbo.

I understood that the lot size was related to account size and that $10k account which I was using would justify lot size of '1'.

Here's something I encountered today that I haven't been able to fix: in the lower right, it says 'no connection', but I can surf the net. I tried restarting the computer and when it still said that, I closed the program and opened it again, but it still says that.

Jehoiada wrote >>

Thank you. I found something similar about GMT offset posted by someone else. I am using Fapturbo.

I understood that the lot size was related to account size and that $10k account which I was using would justify lot size of '1'.

Here's something I encountered today that I haven't been able to fix: in the lower right, it says 'no connection', but I can surf the net. I tried restarting the computer and when it still said that, I closed the program and opened it again, but it still says that.

I have a new question:

Is there a way to reverse a postion automatically such as if you are long and the market moves down and you feel it will keep going in a big move?

Jehoiada wrote >>

I have a new question:

Is there a way to reverse a postion automatically such as if you are long and the market moves down and you feel it will keep going in a big move?

Here is something else that I need resolved. I can't read the news items, either by clicking, double clicking or, right clicking on the topic, date, icon or by highlighting and looking in 'view'. That seems to be what the Help says. This is FAP Turbo, Demo version.

Jehoiada wrote >>

Here is something else that I need resolved. I can't read the news items, either by clicking, double clicking or, right clicking on the topic, date, icon or by highlighting and looking in 'view'. That seems to be what the Help says. This is FAP Turbo, Demo version.

Is anyone here willing and able to answer my questions? If not, I can try contacting support.

Reason: