Why predefined variable "Point" is 0 when using a sub-pip broker?

Today, I updated MT4 to the latest version (build 222) and noticed that the predefined variable "Point" returns 0 when using a sub-pip broker (such as United World Capital, which is the default demo broker in 222 build).

MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_POINT) also returns 0. As as result, any code that uses the "Point" variable in its calculations will break.

"Bid" and "Ask" predefined variables don't show sub-pip values.

Is this a bug?

PS. The above is true for EURUSD, for USDJPY the point value is 0.001.

Thanks,

Lukasz

How many digits in your broker's price?

Actually, try

int dig = MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_DIGITS);

Print("Point - ", DoubleToStr(MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_POINT),dig));

Yup - this one looks like a MetaTrader code defect, too. I noticed this issue with another broker. I work around this issue with a function:

double FX.Point()
{ if(StringFind(Symbol(),"JPY") > (-1)) return(0.001); return(0.00001); }

Hope that helps,

Raider

Roger:

How many digits in your broker's price?

Actually, try

int dig = MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_DIGITS);

Print("Point - ", DoubleToStr(MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_POINT),dig));

Roger,

MarketInfo("EURUSD", MODE_DIGITS), as well as the predefined variable "Digits" returns 5

MarketInfo("EURUSD", MODE_POINT), as well as the predefined variable "Point" returns 0

MarketInfo("USDJPY", MODE_DIGITS), as well as the predefined variable "Digits" returns 3

MarketInfo("USDJPY", MODE_POINT), as well as the predefined variable "Point" returns 0.001

As you can see, values for "EURUSD" are reported incorrectly. I think this is the broker's fault, who provides incorrect data.

Thanks,

Lukasz

Raider:

Yup - this one looks like a MetaTrader code defect, too. I noticed this issue with another broker. I work around this issue with a function:

double FX.Point()
{ if(StringFind(Symbol(),"JPY") > (-1)) return(0.001); return(0.00001); }

Hope that helps,

Raider

Thanks Raider for this suggestion, but it doesn't solve the original issue. I would have to change the code, and the above wouldn't work for a normal pip broker (where point size is 10 times that).

lukasz74nj:

Thanks Raider for this suggestion, but it doesn't solve the original issue. I would have to change the code, and the above wouldn't work for a normal pip broker (where point size is 10 times that).

Hey Lukasz,

The issue that we were seeing is a result of the way the Print function works - it's truncating doubles after the 4th decimal place. Try Roger's suggestion - using DoubleToStr() is the answer.

Watching out for "intuitive" code features,

Raider

Raider:

Hey Lukasz,

The issue that we were seeing is a result of the way the Print function works - it's truncating doubles after the 4th decimal place. Try Roger's suggestion - using DoubleToStr() is the answer.

Watching out for "intuitive" code features,

Raider

Yes, that's correct. Thanks Raider!

Reason: