transfering data from Excel spreadsheet to MT4

Does anyone know how to transfer data from an Excell spreadsheet to an Expert program written in MT4. Ideally I want the Expert to be checking on each tic the value in a spreadsheet. Thanks for any help.

HU

HUZorba:

Does anyone know how to transfer data from an Excell spreadsheet to an Expert program written in MT4. Ideally I want the Expert to be checking on each tic the value in a spreadsheet. Thanks for any help.

HU

An easy way would be to save your Excel spread sheet as CSV file and then use MQL file functions to load file into a 2-dimentional string array. Did that help?

andrewk1983:

An easy way would be to save your Excel spread sheet as CSV file and then use MQL file functions to load file into a 2-dimentional string array. Did that help?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it. Ideally I need only to transfer one cell of info instead of the whole spreadsheet. And I need to automate it so that the recalculated value in the spreadsheet is automatically transfered to the EA which on on every tic gets the updated cell value.

Reason: