retrieving bollinger bands

Hi, All,

I am tring to retrieving the bollinger bands of EURUSD using the following code. I suppose the following code can retrieve the upper and lower bands of the bollinger bands. However when I run the code, the two values return the same. Anyone can help me?

double doubleBBUpper = iBands("EURUSD",PERIOD_D1,20,0,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_UPPER,0);
double doubleBBLower = iBands("EURUSD",PERIOD_D1,20,0,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_LOWER,0);

Tom

pisceswzh wrote >>

Hi, All,

I am tring to retrieving the bollinger bands of EURUSD using the following code. I suppose the following code can retrieve the upper and lower bands of the bollinger bands. However when I run the code, the two values return the same. Anyone can help me?

double doubleBBUpper = iBands("EURUSD",PERIOD_D1,20,0,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_UPPER,0);
double doubleBBLower = iBands("EURUSD",PERIOD_D1,20,0,0,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_LOWER,0);

Tom

yr deviation value is 0; u shld choose 1 or 2 or more; 0 means no devaition from the mean and therefore is the same line and hence same value

ronaldosim wrote >>

yr deviation value is 0; u shld choose 1 or 2 or more; 0 means no devaition from the mean and therefore is the same line and hence same value

Oh~ the deviation means this! But what the value should be? When I use a general chart program (AccuChart), I don't need to set any parameter to get the bollinger bands. What's the "default" deviation parameter for this? 2?

Thanks!

pisceswzh wrote >>

Oh~ the deviation means this! But what the value should be? When I use a general chart program (AccuChart), I don't need to set any parameter to get the bollinger bands. What's the "default" deviation parameter for this? 2?

Thanks!

Bollinger essentially is about standard deviation; so 1 means 1 std dev, 2 means 2 std dev; it depends on what yr trading strategy is ; it is either 1 or 2, i won't know

Reason: