Live Update failed to upgrade build 220 to 221, on Windows Vista.

It seems live update has a problem with Vista.

Vista asked me for administrative permission when live update started. I allowed. But the download never started.

It seems it's Vista only and XP is OK. Does anyone have solution? I'm now stuck with build 220.

Please help. Thanks.

Chi wrote >>

Vista asked me for administrative permission when live update started. I allowed. But the download never started.

It seems it's Vista only and XP is OK. Does anyone have solution? I'm now stuck with build 220.

Please help. Thanks.

Hi Chi,

When you start MetaTrader under Windows Vista instead of double clicking the icon right-click and select "Run as administrator". That fixed it for me. All of your settings in MetaTrader will be different since it treates you as a different user, but it's good enough to get the updates.

Hope that helps.

- Tovan

tovan wrote >>

Hi Chi,

When you start MetaTrader under Windows Vista instead of double clicking the icon right-click and select "Run as administrator". That fixed it for me. All of your settings in MetaTrader will be different since it treates you as a different user, but it's good enough to get the updates.

Hope that helps.

- Tovan

Hi Tovan,

That works! Thank you so much.

Hello Chi, Get in touch with me using yemidotnet@yahoo.com. I have something good for u. I promise. Proudly Nigerian. Isaac.

Chi wrote >>

Please help. Thanks.

Hi,

I have a demo account and am running Vista basic. When I click on the icon to start MT4 (after closing it own) a small popup appears offering live update to build 223. However, as the MT4 has not yet at this stage logged on to the server (because I suspect the popup interupts this at that stage) it doesn't seem to get the live update. The MT4 then loads up with the old 222 build.

How can I achieve live update once my MT4 is up and running?

Thanks,

Mike

Reason: