Live account Leverage

I have a new live account. The leverage could be anything from 100:1 to 500:1

How do I determine what leverage this account has?

Is it possible to find the leverage within the terminal interface?

PT49 wrote >>

I have a new live account. The leverage could be anything from 100:1 to 500:1

How do I determine what leverage this account has?

Is it possible to find the leverage within the terminal interface?

Hi Russell,

Here's a link to the command for that information:

https://docs.mql4.com/account/AccountLeverage

You would have to write an EA or indicator to use or display this information. There might be something already out there that someone else has written, but I don't know of any that display your leverage.

- Tovan

tovan wrote >>

Hi Russell,

Here's a link to the command for that information:

https://docs.mql4.com/account/AccountLeverage

You would have to write an EA or indicator to use or display this information. There might be something already out there that someone else has written, but I don't know of any that display your leverage.

- Tovan

Thanks tovan

Can I use this in a script instead?

If so, what changes would I have to make?

Thanks,

DougRH

I finally found a program that was within even my MQL4 programming capabilities! (< 8)
Files:

Be aware that account leverage only reports that maximum allowed leverage for the account whereas the broker sets/defines leverage on a per currency pair basis.

For example you may have an account that has 200:1 leverage "globally" but when you go to actually open a position the currency pair itself may require 100:1 leverage (margin requirement is higher) or 25:1.

This is common for cross-currency pairs, commodity (gold/silver/etc) and CFDs.

I think the attached is the latest revision of my tool for handling this. Include the file in your EA:

#include <Analyze_Currency_Symbol_2010.12.09.mqh>

And then make a call to SymbolLeverage() when you need the info:

int   CalculatedLeverage=SymbolLeverage();   // Leverage for CHFJPY is set to 100:1
Print("Leverage for ",Symbol()," is set at ",CalculatedLeverage,":1");

1005phillip:

Be aware that account leverage only reports that maximum allowed leverage for the account whereas the broker sets/defines leverage on a per currency pair basis.

For example you may have an account that has 200:1 leverage "globally" but when you go to actually open a position the currency pair itself may require 100:1 leverage (margin requirement is higher) or 25:1.

This is common for cross-currency pairs, commodity (gold/silver/etc) and CFDs.

I think the attached is the latest revision of my tool for handling this. Include the file in your EA:

And then make a call to SymbolLeverage() when you need the info:

Hi 1005philip. Can I use your tool "analyze_currency_symbol_2010.12.09.mqh" ? 
Reason: