Higher high / Lower low

Hi there,

can any one help me please.... I want to filter a trade entry like this :

1: If the Bid price is lower than or equal to the low on the last hourly candle &&

2: If the Bid price is lower than or equal to the lowest low of the last two 15min candles -8pips

then enter short...

I coded it like this...

int BeyondLow=8; // 8 pips beyond the low
int pip=1;

double lowfm=Low[iLowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,2,0)]; // lowest low of last two 15min candles

double Lowenterfm = lowfm-BeyondLow*Point*pip; // value of the lowest low of last two 15min candles -8pips

double Lowenterfinalfm =NormalizeDouble(Lowenterfm,Digits); // make value usable to open trades with -- Bid must be lower or equal to this.

double hourlylow = iLow(Symbol(),PERIOD_H1,1); // Last hourly candle low -- Bid must be lower than or equal to this

if(Bid<=hourlylow&&Bid<=Lowenterfinalfm)
{
MessageBox("Bid is Lower than 2 candle low");
}

This works fine, but when I remove the messagebox function and replace it with an ordersend function it wont work!

It is not a problem with the stoploss or orderopenprice or tp values as I have a getlasterror function to tell me if this is the problem but

the values are fine cos I get no error codes...The EA just will not trade...But if I remove just one of the filters it trades...

for e.g.

If I do this :

if(Bid<=hourlylow)
{
OrderSend(.....) // this works no problem
}

or if I do this :

if(Bid<=Lowenterfinalfm)
{
OrderSend(...) //This also works no problem

}

But if I put the 2 filters together like this :

if(Bid<=hourlylow&&Bid<=Lowenterfinalfm)
{
OrderSend(....) // This now does not work for some reason!!!
}

I don't understand it, I have seen many cases where the charts show the bid price can fulfill both filters.

I have added the EA in case you need to see it to help me...

Thanks in advance

Files:

23510 wrote >>

or if I do this :

if(Bid<=Lowenterfinalfm)
{
OrderSend(...) //This also works no problem

}

This didn't work; only works when if(Bid>=Lowenterfinalfm)

ronaldosim:
This didn't work; only works when if(Bid>=Lowenterfinalfm)

ronaldosim,

it seemed to work if I use it on its own, is when i combine the 2 filters that it refuses to work.

I am not sure what you are pointing out to me? please clarify for me, thank you.

23510 wrote >>

ronaldosim,

it seemed to work if I use it on its own, is when i combine the 2 filters that it refuses to work.

I am not sure what you are pointing out to me? please clarify for me, thank you.

When I tried yr original code using only one filter

if(Bid<=Lowenterfinalfm)

it didnt work

But when I reverse it

if(Bid>=Lowenterfinalfm)

it works.

ronaldosim:

When I tried yr original code using only one filter

if(Bid<=Lowenterfinalfm)

it didnt work

But when I reverse it

if(Bid>=Lowenterfinalfm)

it works.

Ok I understand but that just makes it stranger, because there is nothing that should prevent the EA taking a short trade if Bid is lower or equal to 8pips lower than the lowest low of the last 2 15min candles....

The filter should make sure that Bid price is lower or equal to the value of Lowenterfinalfm

Lowenterfm = lowest low of last 2 15min candles -8pips.

Any body have an idea how to fix this?

double lowfm=Low[iLowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,2,0)]; // lowest low of last two 15min candles

Hi Rory,

I think your problem is in this line. What you're doing is looking at the low of bars 0 & 1. The problem is bid can't be lower than the low of bar 0 because as the price goes down so does the Low value of that bar. Try changing it to this:

double lowfm=Low[iLowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,2,1)];

This will look at bars 1 & 2 (the last two bars - previous to the one you're in now). I didn't look at the rest, but this jumped out at me. Give it a try. Hopefully that's your problem.

Good Luck,

Tovan

tovan wrote >>

Hi Rory,

I think your problem is in this line. What you're doing is looking at the low of bars 0 & 1. The problem is bid can't be lower than the low of bar 0 because as the price goes down so does the Low value of that bar. Try changing it to this:

This will look at bars 1 & 2 (the last two bars - previous to the one you're in now). I didn't look at the rest, but this jumped out at me. Give it a try. Hopefully that's your problem.

Good Luck,

Tovan

Good catch!

ronaldosim:

Good catch!

Wow yes Ronaldosim is right, thats a really good catch! thanx Tovan, I will try that.

tovan:

Hi Rory,

Good Luck,

Tovan

Tovan,

it a BREAKTHROUGH!!! thank you! such a small adjustment and now it gives me a "ordersend error 130" but that is fantastic as I can fix that by messing with the values of the TP, SL or order entry price....that's just a bit of math I have to do ...but I am really happy cos the error code means its now trying to send orders...

thanks for the direction.

Thanks Ronaldosim for your help as well.

Reason: