How to close portion of trade

How do you close out a portion of a trade, like closing .5 lots of 1 lot? Thanks

johnw213:

How do you close out a portion of a trade, like closing .5 lots of 1 lot? Thanks

Hi John

Strictly speaking, you can't. However, I know of a couple of ways of achieving it:

1. When you want to open a trade, open two trades adding up to the size you want. You can then close one separately from the other.

2. After opeining the trade as normal, when you want to close part of it, open an opposite trade of the size you wanted to close. This leaves two trades, but one cancels the portion you wanted to close.

Cheers

Jellybean

johnw213 wrote >>

Dear johnw213,

It is easy but first you have to ensure the size of your minmium lots. For some micro account, the min. lots size is 0.1 or 0.01. Then you can close a order with some like 0.5 or 0.3 whatever you like by just input the desired lots into Close Order Dialog if do it manually. If your is standard account, the min. lots size usually is 1 lot therefore you cannot closing 0.5 lots in such account. Have fun.

John,

Did you get/not get the answer you need on this issue? contact me I can help.

Reason: