Metatrader Terminal: Altert Window no more visible

Goo evening everyone

I would appreciate if someone could help me.

The problem:

on my metatrader environment I can't see any more the Alert window but hear the sound of the alerts in the loudspeaker. I use a 2 window environment on my NT PC.

What I tried already but without success:

When I go to the config directory of metatrader and open the terminal file and look for AltertWindow xy then I see the following:

AlertWindowLeft=32767
AlertWindowTop=32767
AlertWindowRight=340
AlertWindowBottom=220

It looks like metatrader 'shows's the Alert window in the nirwana.

I change in the file the values to ... and save the file, close metatrader software and restart it ...

AlertWindowLeft=100
AlertWindowTop=100
AlertWindowRight=340
AlertWindowBottom=220

But it is still not visible the alert window window.

I also deleted the 4 Windowxy lines in the terminal file but it didn't helped either.

Please could someone give me an advise.

Thank you very much

Peter

mql4-trader wrote >>

Goo evening everyone

I would appreciate if someone could help me.

The problem:

on my metatrader environment I can't see any more the Alert window but hear the sound of the alerts in the loudspeaker. I use a 2 window environment on my NT PC.

What I tried already but without success:

When I go to the config directory of metatrader and open the terminal file and look for AltertWindow xy then I see the following:

AlertWindowLeft=32767
AlertWindowTop=32767
AlertWindowRight=340
AlertWindowBottom=220

It looks like metatrader 'shows's the Alert window in the nirwana.

I change in the file the values to ... and save the file, close metatrader software and restart it ...

AlertWindowLeft=100
AlertWindowTop=100
AlertWindowRight=340
AlertWindowBottom=220

But it is still not visible the alert window window.

I also deleted the 4 Windowxy lines in the terminal file but it didn't helped either.

Please could someone give me an advise.

Thank you very much

Peter

Hi Peter,

This is something that happens with MetaTrader when you change your display settings around. What it's doing is placing the dialog in the same place it was dragged to last time you worked with it. If you move your monitors around and change them in Windows then you start losing dialog boxes. The easiest way I've found to fix this problem is to go into the Windows Display Properties and move your secondary monitor around to different locations relative to the primary display until you find you dialog boxes. Then drag them onto the primary display and close them. Then next time they open it will be in the primary display.

Hope that helps,

Tovan

tovan wrote >>

Hi Peter,

This is something that happens with MetaTrader when you change your display settings around. What it's doing is placing the dialog in the same place it was dragged to last time you worked with it. If you move your monitors around and change them in Windows then you start losing dialog boxes. The easiest way I've found to fix this problem is to go into the Windows Display Properties and move your secondary monitor around to different locations relative to the primary display until you find you dialog boxes. Then drag them onto the primary display and close them. Then next time they open it will be in the primary display.

Hope that helps,

Tovan

I am having the same problem. I tried what you suggested and still cant find it. I forgot does the pop up alert window appear outside of the mt4 program? or only inside the program when you open it up and stretch it across several monitors? Any other suggestions, i still cant get it to show.

Reason: