5EMAsAlert

anybody have difficulty downloading the 5EMAsAlert?

i cant seem to get "support" to respond to my questions.

i have everything working except the arrows that show entry. yes, i do have the damned sounds.

i have dragged the 5EMAsAlert all over the screen and i even have smiley faces. i have referred

to the editor and 5EMAsAlert appears in the navigation section and i get a window that shows 123param on a dos like page.

adam burgoyne tells me when i drag the expert to the chart i should get a default window with appropriate dialog box.

i dont get the dialog box.

One particularly annoying "feature" that I have run across in MetaTrader is it's dialog box locating. If you have a multiple monitor system and you open a certain type of dialog box in one of the secondary monitors it wants to always open there. This is great until that monitor is no longer there - or if you move it, for instance to the other side of your primary monitor and reassign it in the Windows dialog so that your mouse goes to the proper side then MetaTrader still puts the dialog in the old location (even though there is no display there). The only way that I have been able to fix this problem is to reasign the display location in Windows so that I can find lost dialog boxes and put them back in the main display. I like this feature in principle, but I wish they could default back to the primary display when there is no monitor in the desktop space that the dialog open at.

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but your description of your problem made me remember one of the things I hate dealing with as I move my laptop around and reconfigure the monitors attached to it. It also sounds like this could possibly be your problem, based on your description of what's happening.

Good luck,

Tovan

tovan wrote >>

One particularly annoying "feature" that I have run across in MetaTrader is it's dialog box locating. If you have a multiple monitor system and you open a certain type of dialog box in one of the secondary monitors it wants to always open there. This is great until that monitor is no longer there - or if you move it, for instance to the other side of your primary monitor and reassign it in the Windows dialog so that your mouse goes to the proper side then MetaTrader still puts the dialog in the old location (even though there is no display there). The only way that I have been able to fix this problem is to reasign the display location in Windows so that I can find lost dialog boxes and put them back in the main display. I like this feature in principle, but I wish they could default back to the primary display when there is no monitor in the desktop space that the dialog open at.

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but your description of your problem made me remember one of the things I hate dealing with as I move my laptop around and reconfigure the monitors attached to it. It also sounds like this could possibly be your problem, based on your description of what's happening.

Good luck,

Tovan

hi tovan

the problem im having is getting the dialog box to open when dragging the expert (5EMAsAlert) into the respective chart. the dialog box doesnt appear. therefore i cant install the parameters onto the chart.

i have everything working on the chart except the entry arrows. and im sure as hell going to eliminate all the bells and whistles that annoy the hell out of me when a socalled trade is alerted.

thank you for responding by the way.

art

666 wrote >>

hi tovan

the problem im having is getting the dialog box to open when dragging the expert (5EMAsAlert) into the respective chart. the dialog box doesnt appear. therefore i cant install the parameters onto the chart.

i have everything working on the chart except the entry arrows. and im sure as hell going to eliminate all the bells and whistles that annoy the hell out of me when a socalled trade is alerted.

thank you for responding by the way.

art

Hi Art,

It sounds to me like a MetaTrader problem, not an EA problem. I could be wrong. You might try another EA such as the demo types that come with MetaTrader and see if you get a dialog when they are dragged onto the chart. If not, then you need to figure out where the dialog is going. If you drag the EA onto the chart and nothing happens then try clicking on the chart. If your computer dings at you that means that there is actually a dialog box opened somewhere, you just have to find out where it is.

Good Luck,

Tovan

Reason: