Question for the experts

I have a template with 5 EX4 files that was developed using varengoldfx metatrader 4 platform. works perfectly. (varengold uses 4 digits)

I tried using the same template and EX4 files on Tradeview which uses 5 digits. I get some intermittent lockups and waiting for update.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

If a MT4 template and ex4 files are not transparent, how do I decompile and compile to work in Tradeview? Without paying $1000 for a decompiler... I do not have the source. These ex4 files and template was given to me during a class.

Any thoughts on a good broker that supports MT4?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

integrator wrote >>

I have a template with 5 EX4 files that was developed using varengoldfx metatrader 4 platform. works perfectly. (varengold uses 4 digits)

I tried using the same template and EX4 files on Tradeview which uses 5 digits. I get some intermittent lockups and waiting for update.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

If a MT4 template and ex4 files are not transparent, how do I decompile and compile to work in Tradeview? Without paying $1000 for a decompiler... I do not have the source. These ex4 files and template was given to me during a class.

Any thoughts on a good broker that supports MT4?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

for 5 digits platform, add an extra zero to any parameters that are referencing pips; so if you want a stoploss of 50 pips, then put the stoploss as 500;

if the EAs are well written, the above action should take care of yr problem; the only catch is whether there are any references to pips value inside the program that is not user-defined but hardcoded into the program, eg some coders hardcode slippage=3 into the program and with a ex4 file, u will not be able to change it to 30.

I WOULD PLEASE LIKE TO KNOW IF ANY CODER IS INTERESTED IN PUTTING TOGETHER AN EA FOR ME AND MY FRIEND HINNAH AS WE CAN'T SEEM TO FIND SOMEBODY TO IMPLEMENT OUR IDEAS?!

PLEASE EMAIL: louis_james2003@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks.

ronaldosim wrote >>

for 5 digits platform, add an extra zero to any parameters that are referencing pips; so if you want a stoploss of 50 pips, then put the stoploss as 500;

if the EAs are well written, the above action should take care of yr problem; the only catch is whether there are any references to pips value inside the program that is not user-defined but hardcoded into the program, eg some coders hardcode slippage=3 into the program and with a ex4 file, u will not be able to change it to 30.

Thanks for your information... however I do not have the source or a decompiler. Do you have a decompiler, if so I would gladly send the EAs to you.

integrator wrote >>

Thanks for your information... however I do not have the source or a decompiler. Do you have a decompiler, if so I would gladly send the EAs to you.

No, I do not have a decomplier. Try puttting the extra zeros first and see how well yr EAs are working; try it on demo accnts of the selected platfom.

Or better still, choose a broker who does not use 5 digits!

ronaldosim wrote >>

No, I do not have a decomplier. Try puttting the extra zeros first and see how well yr EAs are working; try it on demo accnts of the selected platfom.

Or better still, choose a broker who does not use 5 digits!

Sorry, I might be confused, to change an EA (.EX4 file) I need to decompile it... or where are you saying to change the digits.

What broker do you use?

It is still not clear if the digits are a problem, it's is a therory right now.

integrator wrote >>

Sorry, I might be confused, to change an EA (.EX4 file) I need to decompile it... or where are you saying to change the digits.

What broker do you use?

It is still not clear if the digits are a problem, it's is a therory right now.

If you are on a live demo, then right click on the chart with the ea, click on properties, click on inputs, there you will likely find values for stop loss, take profit etc,

add one zero to those values ie Tp of 50 becomes 500. Same pattern for ea's in the tester.

HTH

Keith

Reason: