Mismatched chart error and unmatched data error question (again)

I am testing my EA on H1 frame, I get following errors:

2009.02.17 17:58:03 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 1445 at 2008.12.16 09:00 exceeded)

I also see Mismatched chart errors in the Strategy Tester Report.

I understand the errors because I 've read other discussions on the site, however,

Do I just ignore these errors ?

Is it still ok to run my EA on H1 frame ?

When I test it using M1, there are no errors. I want to run using M5 or H1 timeframe.

I plan to use it live soon.

PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS.

Bruce

I am experiencing the exact same errors. I also want to test an EA on M5 but the data from metaquotes causes these errors, even after I keep downloading it again. It is always caused by the price data from metaquotes. And some other problem with the data after I restart MT4 I have to download all data again from the history center a fresh. Even if I restart MT4 10 seconds after closing it. Clearly something is not right in this. And as you experience the same I know it is not me causing this.

FXIA wrote >>
I am experiencing the exact same errors. I also want to test an EA on M5 but the data from metaquotes causes these errors, even after I keep downloading it again. It is always caused by the price data from metaquotes. And some other problem with the data after I restart MT4 I have to download all data again from the history center a fresh. Even if I restart MT4 10 seconds after closing it. Clearly something is not right in this. And as you experience the same I know it is not me causing this.

It's same.

My question is can we still use these EAs live with these errors ?

From past experience I can say that for me personally results from backtests that had such errors were not the same trade results as backtests with no errors, this in no way affects functionality of your EA though. It just means backtests are even less accurate with such errors, because the errors of mismatch or unmatched data are caused by ummatched price data from different time frames - the interpolated data. From what I have read.

Definitely, Chart mismatch errors indicate problems with the test data and this affects the testing results, particularly when there are interval gaps or significan differences.

Considering that these errors are based on the differences of the testing interval selected (e.g. H1) and the comparison interval, whish is always M1. Therefore the solution is based on the fact that historical data for BOTH intervals need to be reconstructed

The solution to this issue is described in the the next steps.

1- Adjust the Chart required data by selecting in the main menu: Tools->Options->Charts- There adjust the "Max Bars in History" value to your testing requirements. Then Save

2.- Delete all historical data for BOTH intervals, the required and always H1. select in the main menu Tools->History center, individually select and delete all data (Go to the first data row, select i, press the Shift key while sliding the navigation bar down to the first data row. The press the Delete button. Repeat for both time intervals.

3.- Open new Charts for both intervals, select each graph and in the main menu, select Chart->Refresh (this forces the refill of the historical data with information provided by your broker)

After this procedure, you will now have historical data with no gaps that matches. Now you can rerun your EA or optimize it with a time interval according with your EA and the data you just have uploaded

Notes:

a) Step 3 may take some time when uploading data for M1, but this depends on your the speed of the internet connection and your computer as well as the broker servers.

b) If the upload fails, you always use data provided by third parties. <Deleted>

Hope this helps to resolve your issues

Reason: