To the MetaQuotes company:we hope the MT4 server can provide USD index

if the MetaQuotes-Demo server can proviede USD index, that can hope us very very good!

the USD index is not very complex,we hope the MT4 can do this in the next update.

Many thanks.

ps:what i mean is not the MT company provide a indicator, but provide an symbol,such as EURUSD,the symbol is "USDX"

M

See some examples via Google - such as

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=130730

I dont think there is only one version of what a 'dollar index' should be

Some pairs that may be used are not available on all brokers...

Good Luck

-BB-

no,this is not USDX(usd index)

what i mean is not the MT company provide a indicator, but provide an symbol,such as EURUSD,the symbol is "USDX"

the symbol is very important to analysis the market

symbol name ? indicator ? or data ? in fact, you need data, you can calculate it by you self if you have the related symbol data

DxdCn wrote >>
symbol name ? indicator ? or data ? in fact, you need data, you can calculate it by you self if you have the related symbol data

hello dxdcn:

i know can calculate by myself.but,the USDX,need other symbol data,every time,i should download other symbol data,so can calculte the usdx.if the MT4 proviede the Usdx,so many thing is simple

understand?

some server provide the usdx,but,i think the MT4 company provide is very good

mailema wrote >>

hello dxdcn:

i know can calculate by myself.but,the USDX,need other symbol data,every time,i should download other symbol data,so can calculte the usdx.if the MT4 proviede the Usdx,so many thing is simple

understand?

some server provide the usdx,but,i think the MT4 company provide is very good

hmm. what definition of the USDx you have?

from what i found it is:

double Open_EURUSD=iOpen("EURUSD",TimeFrame,i);
double Open_USDJPY=iOpen("USDJPY",TimeFrame,i);
double Open_GBPUSD=iOpen("GBPUSD",TimeFrame,i);
double Open_USDCAD=iOpen("USDCAD",TimeFrame,i);
double Open_USDSEK=iOpen("USDSEK",TimeFrame,i);
double Open_USDCHF=iOpen("USDCHF",TimeFrame,i);
double USDx=50.14348112 * MathPow(Open_EURUSD, -0.576) * MathPow(Open_USDJPY, 0.136) * MathPow(Open_GBPUSD, -0.119) * MathPow(Open_USDCAD, 0.091) * MathPow(Open_USDSEK, 0.042) * MathPow(Open_USDCHF, 0.036);

Maybe your broker dont give you all symbols you need? Or your Formula is different :-)

EADeveloper wrote >>

hmm. what definition of the USDx you have?

from what i found it is:

double Open_EURUSD=iOpen("EURUSD",TimeFrame,i);
double Open_USDJPY=iOpen("USDJPY",TimeFrame,i);
double Open_GBPUSD=iOpen("GBPUSD",TimeFrame,i);
double Open_USDCAD=iOpen("USDCAD",TimeFrame,i);
double Open_USDSEK=iOpen("USDSEK",TimeFrame,i);
double Open_USDCHF=iOpen("USDCHF",TimeFrame,i);
double USDx=50.14348112 * MathPow(Open_EURUSD, -0.576) * MathPow(Open_USDJPY, 0.136) * MathPow(Open_GBPUSD, -0.119) * MathPow(Open_USDCAD, 0.091) * MathPow(Open_USDSEK, 0.042) * MathPow(Open_USDCHF, 0.036);

Maybe your broker dont give you all symbols you need? Or your Formula is different :-)

thank you .i know the indicator.you dont know i mean:

i need a symbol,not an indicator.want to MetaTrader software add a symbol,that dont need us to indicator

mailema wrote >>

thank you .i know the indicator.you dont know i mean:

i need a symbol,not an indicator.want to MetaTrader software add a symbol,that dont need us to indicator

What you're asking for is a broker function. Talk to your broker. The MetaTrader guys can't help you.

The dollar index is calculated. You can do it just as well as your broker can if you have all of the symbols. If your broker doesn't provide the proper pairs then there's nothing you or they can do, you need a new broker.

- Tovan

I understand mailema.

This is a very important symbol which is supplied by certain charting packages (not sure about brokers)?? If there was an index for the major currency pairs analysis would be that much better. A currency index is a excellent and MT4 putting a symbol in would get them more business!!

Just look for charting packages that offer them. The only problem is you will paying like $99 for the index and loads of stock, index charts without any forex charts. Saying that I am sure esignal, metastock does it!

Please let me know if you come across any index charts free?

Thanks

lewis123 wrote >>

I understand mailema.

This is a very important symbol which is supplied by certain charting packages (not sure about brokers)?? If there was an index for the major currency pairs analysis would be that much better. A currency index is a excellent and MT4 putting a symbol in would get them more business!!

Just look for charting packages that offer them. The only problem is you will paying like $99 for the index and loads of stock, index charts without any forex charts. Saying that I am sure esignal, metastock does it!

Please let me know if you come across any index charts free?

Thanks

I agree that this would be a nice thing to have in MetaTrader. The problem is that MetaQuotes is a software company, not a data broker. If they built in that function then it wouldn't work for most of you, because most brokers don't provide enough data to properly calculate the USD Index. If you want to have the USD Index on MetaTrader then you've got to shame your broker into giving you what it takes to make it work. Then it's easy from there - there is at least one indicator on this site that does the simple calculation. If it's not in the format you like then you've got some programming to do. :)

- Tovan

Reason: