What am I seeing here...?

Can someone explain this:

DayTrader wrote >>

I think I've come across some 10 serious bugs.

And here is the latest one:

so what is the error? your pic shows the close of H1 chart at 13:00 on 7 Jan 2009 is the same as M1 close at 13:59 on 7 Jan 2009

Hi DayTrader

Your charts look right to me. The bar you highlight on the H1 chart at 2009.01.07 13:00 covers the time between 13:00 and 13:59, so ...

- its open is the same as the open of the M1 bar at 2009.01.07 13:00, i.e. approx. 1.3595

- its high is the same as the highest high on the M1 chart between 13:00 and 13:59, i.e. approx. 1.3746

- its low is the same as the lowest low on the M1 chart between 13:00 and 13:59, i.e. approx. 1.3581

- its close is the same as the close of the last bar on the M1 chart before 14:00 (13:59), i.e. 1.3718

(My brokers prices may be a few pips different from yours.)

Are you still concerned?

Cheers

Jellybean

Yes I am. If things works like this there's sure no problem getting rich in a hurry... because the H1 chart gives 59 minutes advanced warning of what the price is going to be!

I'm only looking at close prices here. The M1 data is the correct one as verified from the History Data table, and also M1 data is also the basis for H1 data so therefore

the time at the marker on the H1 chart should be: 14:00, not 13:00.

Agree??

The correct time is shown at the marker on the H1 chart and it is 13:00 which is the opening time of the bar and not the "closing" time. In fact, bars don't have "closing" times.

So, there is no advance warning anywhere, and all is normal.

DayTrader:

Yes I am. If things works like this there's sure no problem getting rich in a hurry... because the H1 chart gives 59 minutes advanced warning of what the price is going to be!

I'm only looking at close prices here. The M1 data is the correct one as verified from the History Data table, and also M1 data is also the basis for H1 data so therefore

the time at the marker on the H1 chart should be: 14:00, not 13:00.

Agree??

If you understand please rename topic.

blogzr3:

The correct time is shown at the marker on the H1 chart and it is 13:00 which is the opening time of the bar and not the "closing" time. In fact, bars don't have "closing" times.

So, there is no advance warning anywhere, and all is normal.

Ok I learned something new today, I stand corrected...

Reason: