Trend vs Trading Oscillator

I have been thinking about the difference between a trading market in Forex and a Trending market.

Does anyone know of an oscillator that can be used to tell when the market is trading and when it is trending?

Bill

oneoleguy wrote >>

I have been thinking about the difference between a trading market in Forex and a Trending market.

Does anyone know of an oscillator that can be used to tell when the market is trading and when it is trending?

Bill

naw, I don't think that there is one, if there was we'd all be rich. Would certainly be interested in hearing a contrary opinion !

Keith

You mean Trend vs Range trading?

Under the TA link above, the indicators are classified into several categories one of which is Trends Indicators. The Oscillators in general may be better suited to Range trading although oscillators when they reach (and stay at) the upper/lower extremities are also indicators of strong trends.

To measure whether market action is Trending or Ranging?

ADX

or

VHF

Good Luck

-BB-

blogzr3 wrote >>

You mean Trend vs Range trading?

Under the TA link above, the indicators are classified into several categories one of which is Trends Indicators. The Oscillators in general may be better suited to Range trading although oscillators when they reach (and stay at) the upper/lower extremities are also indicators of strong trends.

BarrowBoy wrote >>

To measure whether market action is Trending or Ranging?

ADX

or

VHF

Good Luck

-BB-

Thank you both, very much.
Bill
Reason: