Need help to code manual TakeProfit into this EA. - page 2

"I have a system I manually day trade with successfully"

you are indeed a VERY fortunate person - this is indeed a "head start"

"Cheers for the inspiration, I'll probably have to start from scratch if things keeps going this way =)"

nice of you to reply in positive manner. thank you!

I wish you the best in your travels...

fbj:

"I have a system I manually day trade with successfully"

you are indeed a VERY fortunate person - this is indeed a "head start"

"Cheers for the inspiration, I'll probably have to start from scratch if things keeps going this way =)"

nice of you to reply in positive manner. thank you!

I wish you the best in your travels...

Dang I didnt know page 2 existed hahah....... Yeah its not hard to trade the market when you just follow it, day trade it.. There's always signs to tell you where to get in and out, gotta always get them low risks entry and keep the losses small... Winners bigger, a slow process of wealth creation as my mentor would say... Alot of it if practice and 'feel' as you go, thats why I wonder if it's possible to get such a system that has 'feel' into codes on mql4...... There's the Nerual Network thing but I don't have a clue about that at all.. Oh wells my mate will spare me some time to code the mql4 theory I want done, see how that goes, ideas are always good but the outcome are never the same lol..... Many times I over trade still on this profitable way, while my peers students are doing great.... So yeah I need the system to just react, take losses, go at it again without all the emotions! You trade forex eh? I learnt the way on ES futures, but I tried it on EU also and its possible, there are extra bars in forex before it actually starts moving compare to futures, but it can work.

neural what??? ;)

Your touchy feely stuff is mechanical discretion based. Putting discretion into s/w, as many are learning, is different game! Win loss ratios can suffer.

I do very simple stuff - simple mind, you see! I use NO indicators - ONLY price.

I do not get into debates about my way - I believe each to their own methods/what each trader can live with.

bye

>> BB - what are your current fees?

Very reasonable ;)

See http://www.selectfx.net/customquotes1.htm

If the idea hasn't a prayer, I will tell you - for free :D

-BB-

fbj:

neural what??? ;)

Your touchy feely stuff is mechanical discretion based. Putting discretion into s/w, as many are learning, is different game! Win loss ratios can suffer.

I do very simple stuff - simple mind, you see! I use NO indicators - ONLY price.

I do not get into debates about my way - I believe each to their own methods/what each trader can live with.

bye

oh yeah, price is king..... i also only use price.... you reckon its harder to get it programmed?

"you reckon its harder to get it programmed?"

put this way... in 10 years, I have not come across a trader [that is proficient in programming] that has a clue about a 100% blank chart [excepting for candle/bar/line/etc price plot].

everyone and their dog wants something to base decisions on...

Make comms with -BB- and he will tell you straight up if he can implement whatever it is you need doing.

Best

mank wrote >>

I don't disagree on the learning part and eventually have a sense of how it all works...... It's the countless hours of the learning process, while many are already expert at it..... But of course nothing is free true that...... Well I have a system I manually day trade with successfully, I guess that's a head start... Got a mate that's quite good at programming but he doesn't have the time or the right equitment right now, and I'm just getting ahead with him as usual.... Oh wells, just a matter of time I guess, I'll eventually have something coded somehow.. Cheers for the inspiration, I'll probably have to start from scratch if things keeps going this way =)

Hi BB,
I saw you have made changes to OpenTiks EA to include Profit Target.
I am new to programming and I do not know how to use (compile) your coding. Can you help me in that?
Thanks.
-Chan

mank wrote >>

I don't disagree on the learning part and eventually have a sense of how it all works...... It's the countless hours of the learning process, while many are already expert at it..... But of course nothing is free true that...... Well I have a system I manually day trade with successfully, I guess that's a head start... Got a mate that's quite good at programming but he doesn't have the time or the right equitment right now, and I'm just getting ahead with him as usual.... Oh wells, just a matter of time I guess, I'll eventually have something coded somehow.. Cheers for the inspiration, I'll probably have to start from scratch if things keeps going this way =)

Hello,,
I saw BB has made changes to OpenTiks EA to include Profit Target.
Iam new to programming and I do not know how to use (compile) his coding. Can anybody help me in that?
Thanks.
-Chan

fbj:

yes, I see and also sympathize your position - this is an issue which is reasonably within grasp of all willing to study. All materials on web. Design, programming tutorials everywhere. Software to help you learn too. Assemblers, interpreters and compilers are also freely available. Excuse my what you may see as harshness, but I have always found that it is up to each individual to 'bite the bullet' and roll up their shirt sleeves, pick up the shovel and just get on with learning. MQL4 language is veeeeeery simple and it is not imho programming that always gives worst headache - it is the unsound deskwork/design sweat that let's many down. and hey - if you cannot trade manually your system you for sure not suceed with EA. While you doing manual system + refining it + making some income - you can be doing the learn-programming bit, yes? Is gonna be win-win situation that way! How cool is that then? making income and learning at same time!!!

of course, can always PM BarrowBoy (look at his profile) - he is genuine bloke with professional programming background who makes living from his skillset.

Best

Totally agreed fbj.

I'm getting so fed up with lazy people on these forums.

"Hey, I need to write an EA, but can't be bothered. What I'll do is show total disrespect for a bunch of programmers, by expecting them to do my work free for me, thus setting the value on their time as zero dollars per hour."

cloudbreaker wrote >>

Totally agreed fbj.

I'm getting so fed up with lazy people on these forums.

"Hey, I need to write an EA, but can't be bothered. What I'll do is show total disrespect for a bunch of programmers, by expecting them to do my work free for me, thus setting the value on their time as zero dollars per hour."

Hi Cloudbreaker,

I see your posting about lazy people (I was one of them, but not anymore).

Now, coming to the core issue, here is the problem and here is my probable solution.

Make your observation and comment on the problem as well as the solution please.

Subject: Open Tiks EA (See above).

Problem:

It takes almost all the time only short positions and not a single long position.

Observation::

There are two lines of codes, one for long entry and one for short entry (one for buying and one for selling).

In both cases, Highs are compared; consecutive there lower highs (for sell) and consecutive three higher highs (for buy).

However, we get sell signals but not a single buy signal.

Suggested solution to the problem:

As the EA is not generating any buy signals at all, we discuss the conditions for buy the signal only.

In the case of buying, we should be comparing the LOWs instead of HIGHs; three consecutive higher LOWs for buy.

Please comment.

-Chandra

Reason: