Newbie Questions -> is it possible?

Dear all,

I am new to forex, new to metatrader, mql4 and currently exploring everything! :)

A have a questions in mind and hope someone could give me an answer whether it's possible. Assuming I am trading 1:1 ratio (i.e., no leverage at all) and using expert advisor to do all the trading:

Is it possible to trade from one currency to another, then from this one to another, without go back to the previous currency? E.g., trade from EUR to USD, then USD to AUS, then AUS to CHF etc etc etc . The reason I ask this is because I heard that EA can only do trade one chart at a time which means I can only trade one pair. Or I am dreaming???

Thanks

John

An EA can trade multiple currencies when running live

However back-testing & optimization will only show results for the selected pair

Even so, you can still code hedging or some sort of correlation strategy like this 'HTH Trader'

Good Luck

-BB-

BarrowBoy wrote >>

An EA can trade multiple currencies when running live

However back-testing & optimization will only show results for the selected pair

Even so, you can still code hedging or some sort of correlation strategy like this 'HTH Trader'

Good Luck

-BB-

Dear BarrowBoy,

Thanks for you reply. Actually, I am not trying to trade multiple currencies at once, but just want to hop from one currency to another. Say I start off with USD, and open position to EUR, then from EUR, open position to CHF.

So the flow goes like this : USD -> EUR -> CHF. ----- A

However, from what I've read so far about EA, it seems to me that if you want to do so, you must close the position and open another one:

which goes like this: USD -> EUR -> USD -> CHF ------ B

So the question is can I go path A instead of path B using EA?

Many Thanks!!!

JL

Reason: