problems with testing- mt4 skips some periods, please help

Hi everyone,

I made my EA and I would like to test it on 5M data . I have 5 min for period of few years. But when I start testing for all 2008 it uses mainly data form 01.oct.2008.

That period from JAN to OCT are almost missed besides few days. This is some kind of scalping EA and he starts from 01JAN2008 and makes transaction in one particular day of JAN, then in few days in FEB etc, and after that form OCT everything is OK.

Do I need 1M data for 5M testing? I've noticed that I have 1M data from OCT and maybe this couses that problem, but I can download 1M data from MT4 only ofr last 3 months. Where I can find 1M data for longer periot? Do I need that for 5M testing?

Please help me guys.

Lady GaGa

ladygaga:

Hi everyone,

I made my EA and I would like to test it on 5M data . I have 5 min for period of few years. But when I start testing for all 2008 it uses mainly data form 01.oct.2008.

That period from JAN to OCT are almost missed besides few days. This is some kind of scalping EA and he starts from 01JAN2008 and makes transaction in one particular day of JAN, then in few days in FEB etc, and after that form OCT everything is OK.

Do I need 1M data for 5M testing? I've noticed that I have 1M data from OCT and maybe this couses that problem, but I can download 1M data from MT4 only ofr last 3 months. Where I can find 1M data for longer periot? Do I need that for 5M testing?

Please help me guys.

Lady GaGa

Ok I've just downloaded and imported 1M data to my MT4 and still something is wrong. I start testing strategy and MT4 takes few days only and during 3 months. When I chose last 3 months it makes transaction everyday and everything is OK. What's wrong guys?

Reason: