Where to learn writing EA

Hi, I trade fx for around 6 month only. I have read Automation Trading Championship sponsor by MQL4. I am impress by Auto trading. I would like to learn how to write a EA. I am not a IT guy and know nothing about programing, but I am willing to spend time to learn. How should I start? I have read Documentation from MQL4 website. or should I enroll to C++ course to learn some basic first? anyway, I know a little bit about VB. Thank you in advance for your advise.

Juat look at the top of this page... "Book" and "Download It":

https://www.mql4.com/files/MQl4BookEnglish.chm

Just start with a very basic EA with the 3 standard functions ( init, deinit, start). Start for instance with a simple MA crossover. Make it more complex as your knowlegde grows. Programming isn't hard... just pure logic. If you don't understand the code, a computer won't understand it either. So keep it clean, and don't clutter up your documents. C++ knowledge isn't really needed, it can be helpful though. If you understand the basic programming routines (if, else, else if / for /while / switch) you can write EA's (with so help of the docs ofcourse)

hth

Thank to Daytrader and Russell. I am now study "Book" from MQL4.

fxcheong:
Thank to Daytrader and Russell. I am now study "Book" from MQL4.

Ya, MQL4 is quite easy to learn - almost all of them are in-built libraries. If you still want someone to hold your hand and walk you through, we're doing this at http://www.fxinstructor.com/eng/courses/mql7days.php

Its a 7-day crash course and should help someone delve into MQL4 ocean ;)

Cheers

Manoj

Hi,

Forget about C++, it's an OOL (object oriented language) which MQL4 is not. Try something for PHP or C. I think that it will allow you to grasp the main ideas behind programming.

I used to be a PHP programmer and MQL4 turned out to be very easy for me.

allerune

c++ totally not related and not help u learn C++, but MQL4 help u learn C++
metaeditior Ctrl+D, that is
Reason: