How many orders (OrderSend, OrderClose, etc) should I dare throw at a non-dealingdesk broker in 1 minute ?

Non-dealingdesk brokers like IBFX are less fussy about this but even they have a limit.

Would an average of 1 order pr. minute be too much?

Some input on this would be great as I have a strategy that looks very good, but it produces

about 1 order of some kind every minute.

They won't mind reasonable scalping; however, I don't think they would be so forgiving when faced with extreme scalping which is frowned upon by mostly all brokers... it won't work in Forex...they will find the way to block your orders for sure... expect infinite re-quotes and common errors...

Also, you're forgetting a little detail: leverage ...and the little fact that you have to pay the spread... EVERY TIME!

Not a very efficient way to trade in Forex, IMHO.

Try the stock market instead!

robotalfa:

They won't mind reasonable scalping; however, I don't think they would be so forgiving when faced with extreme scalping which is frowned upon by mostly all brokers... it won't work in Forex...they will find the way to block your orders for sure... expect infinite re-quotes and common errors...

Also, you're forgetting a little detail: leverage ...and the little fact that you have to pay the spread... EVERY TIME!

Not a very efficient way to trade in Forex, IMHO.

Try the stock market instead!

Yeah I know but very short term trading (scalping if you want) works in both trending and ranging conditions. I'd rather avoid it but I just cant find a reliable way of detecting ranging/trending conditions.

Trading ONLY in a trending market would be more than profitable enough, problem is determining when its ranging and when its trending...

I've been at it for weeks, the last couple of days even got into more exotic things like Fourier and Kalman filtering but what initially seemed like a simple thing now seems more and like its impossible.

Obviously I'm open for suggestions on how to crack this problem...

Reason: