Sending Fake Orders

hi experts,

is it possible to use the Send Order Dialog (right click on chart/trading), to place an order so that this order

is written to logfile but not send to broker ?

is there an alternative where i can grap orders initiate by send order dialog (script, ea, etc. ) ?

thank you in advance

Why on earth would you wanna do that?!

If what you want is NOT reveal your orders to the server, just keep them hidden in the memory of your robot, and trigger them later when you deem appropriate.

robotalfa:

Why on earth would you wanna do that?!

If what you want is NOT reveal your orders to the server, just keep them hidden in the memory of your robot, and trigger them later when you deem appropriate.

how to keep them in memory please ?

note: i want to grap those orders initiated by the send order dialog (manually initiated orders).

the only footstep i found for these orders are written to logfile. however, once pressed sell/buy, orders get sent to broker.

the dialog is very comfortable and intuitive to create orders with stop and target for instance.

but i want these orders further being processed/changed (EA or script) before sending them to the server.

this i the reason i need to intercept orders created by send order dialog without send them in the same moment to broker.

create new order -> press BUY/SELL -> intercept them -> change them -> send to broker.

all good and realistic ideas are welcome. thank you.

with EA loaded press F7 -> common tab -> live trading -> set Ask manual confirmation on

To keep orders in EA's memory the easy way is using arrays to hold data.

robotalfa:

To keep orders in EA's memory the easy way is using arrays to hold data.

thank you sirs.

but i believe my question is not yet answered.

i don't speak about orders generated with EA script. i speak about orders created manually.

-> right click on chart trading/new order.

i need to grap those orders placed by dialog without them being sent to broker. i want them sent later manually.

want just be hooked into the place process.

1. is there any way to allow the place order dialog to be used without orders being sent to broker

2. is there any place where i can get informations about orders generated from this place order dialog.

thank you

What you want may fit the definition of a pending order. However, pending orders are sent to the server with specific requirements.

On the other hand, I don't see the difference between orders being generated by dialog box and orders automatically generated by EA, unless what you want is to intercept orders from someone else platform.

Orders by dialog box are event driven, generated with parameters set in the MQ platform preferences. Then, orders are routed using the same API the expert uses to send its orders. After they are sent -in this case, when the button is presssed -I believe, there's nothing you can do to recall them from the server...

Sorry I can't help any further!

robotalfa:

What you want may fit the definition of a pending order. However, pending orders are sent to the server with specific requirements.

On the other hand, I don't see the difference between orders being generated by dialog box and orders automatically generated by EA, unless what you want is to intercept orders from someone else platform.

Orders by dialog box are event driven, generated with parameters set in the MQ platform preferences. Then, orders are routed using the same API the expert uses to send its orders. After they are sent -in this case, when the button is presssed -I believe, there's nothing you can do to recall them from the server...

Sorry I can't help any further!

thanks for reply.

the purpose is to intercept orders from send order dialog (manually input orders), then check them internally (for instance within ea script), may change them

and then to send them or send them not, if my custom check should fail. a kind of trading assistent, you know ? something like semi-automatic trading.

i had the hope that MT4 has something like events and gives you possibility to "overwrite an event" and/or to process it as normal

I think you need to write your own tradeorder script, then you can execute it by drag and drop or a hotkey. You can also preset T/P and S/L and lot size.
Reason: