Meta Trader 4 - problem on Vista Home Basic 64 Bit

The application works OK, but my problem is the end of the program. When I finish my work with charts and I close the meta trader terminal the settings of menu are not saved. When I start MT4 terminal again - there is no menu what was before I close the MT4. There are only my charts what I worked on last time, but the market window, Navigator, TOOLS MENU, CHARTS MENU, TIMEFRAME are not showed. I have to manually set the menu of the terminal every time I start the application.

My question is: In what file/s the meta trader terminal save the default settings of the menu?

puncher wrote >>

The application works OK, but my problem is the end of the program. When I finish my work with charts and I close the meta trader terminal the settings of menu are not saved. When I start MT4 terminal again - there is no menu what was before I close the MT4. There are only my charts what I worked on last time, but the market window, Navigator, TOOLS MENU, CHARTS MENU, TIMEFRAME are not showed. I have to manually set the menu of the terminal every time I start the application.

My question is: In what file/s the meta trader terminal save the default settings of the menu?

Sounds like you have Windows vista account control on. In this case it uses virtual directory. You can turn off account control and I beleive everything will be in the right directory after you save it. Be cafull whn you turn account control off it cleans up a virtual directory - so you can loose information from there.

StraightTrader:

Sounds like you have Windows vista account control on. In this case it uses virtual directory. You can turn off account control and I beleive everything will be in the right directory after you save it. Be cafull whn you turn account control off it cleans up a virtual directory - so you can loose information from there.

NO I HAVE TURNED OFF ACCOUNT CONTROL UNDER VISTA

puncher:

NO I HAVE TURNED OFF ACCOUNT CONTROL UNDER VISTA

don't listen to these idiots!

(puncher)...............just press the F11 key and everything will be back to normal, you just accidentally got into MetaTrader full screen mode.

alroca123:

don't listen to these idiots!

Idiots?

He mentioned Vista and settings not being saved.

It is a well known bug of MetaTrader that it is using the wrong folders to store its stuff and questions relating to all kinds of resulting problems are asked once a week. It seems more like YOU are the idiot here.

7bit:

Idiots?

He mentioned Vista and settings not being saved.

It is a well known bug of MetaTrader that it is using the wrong folders to store its stuff and questions relating to all kinds of resulting problems are asked once a week. It seems more like YOU are the idiot here.

Once more! read and understand the problem prior to commenting!

This is the problem: The application works OK, but my problem is the end of the program. When I finish my work with charts and I close the meta trader terminal the settings of menu are not saved. When I start MT4 terminal again there is no menu what was before I close the MT4 . There are only my charts what I worked on last time, but the market window, Navigator, TOOLS MENU, CHARTS MENU, TIMEFRAME are not showed. I have to manually set the menu of the terminal every time I start the application.

This is not a bug or anything that you are describing in your post, please try to understand what this person is describing, he closes the application and when he starts MetaTrader once again, the menus, toolbars, chart menus ARE NOT DISPLAYED. THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ACCIDENTALLY HAVE GOTTEN INTO FULL SCREEN MODE AND YOU CLOSE THE APPLICATION IN THAT MODE.

INSTEAD OF GETTING HOT UNDER THE COLLAR, LISTEN, READ, UNDERSTAND AND TRY TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW!

AND IF YOU TOOK MY POST PERSONALLY THEN IT MUST FIT!, now go ramble on like a little teenager having a fit somewhere's else.

read and understand what you are reading before giving STUPID advice like and IDIOT!

Reason: