No logs anymore in Vista? Please help!

Hi there,

I just registered here and so I am very new. I searched the forum for "logs vista" but didn´t get the result I need, so I am posting my question here:

I just discovered that my MT4 doesn´t write logs anymore from the journal. I have a new laptop since beginning of November. Vista is running on it. Because I have three accounts I have installed 3 MT4 in different directories and that works just fine. But no logs are created anymore for some reason and I can´t find the reason. Only on one account is a log created on Nov.,2nd....that´s all..no further logs on this account and none at all on the others.

On my desktop pc I have metatrader running as well for my demo account and all logs are created there. But there Win XP is running. So I am wondering whether it has to do with Vista? Or could it be a change from the Brokers side??

If I have the platform running, the journal -tab shows all the ongoing processes - only they don´t get stored for whatever reason...

Who could please help me on this???

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Patty

4rexlady wrote >>

Hi there,

I just registered here and so I am very new. I searched the forum for "logs vista" but didn´t get the result I need, so I am posting my question here:

I just discovered that my MT4 doesn´t write logs anymore from the journal. I have a new laptop since beginning of November. Vista is running on it. Because I have three accounts I have installed 3 MT4 in different directories and that works just fine. But no logs are created anymore for some reason and I can´t find the reason. Only on one account is a log created on Nov.,2nd....that´s all..no further logs on this account and none at all on the others.

On my desktop pc I have metatrader running as well for my demo account and all logs are created there. But there Win XP is running. So I am wondering whether it has to do with Vista? Or could it be a change from the Brokers side??

If I have the platform running, the journal -tab shows all the ongoing processes - only they don´t get stored for whatever reason...

Who could please help me on this???

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Patty

I think your problems is because you have UAC truned on in Vista. When UAC is turn on, Vista will not store the log file into the MT4 directory under Program Files directory. Instead, it will store in the VritualStore directory (ie. C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\<MT4 install directory>). Please have a look on this directory, you will find you log file there. Good Luck.

brother3th wrote >>

I think your problems is because you have UAC truned on in Vista. When UAC is turn on, Vista will not store the log file into the MT4 directory under Program Files directory. Instead, it will store in the VritualStore directory (ie. C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\<MT4 install directory>). Please have a look on this directory, you will find you log file there. Good Luck.

Hi brother3th,

you are a true genius!!! Thank you so much - that was the exact problem and it was exact the way you said ! I still have to find out what UAC is, but since I know now, where the files are stored, this is secundary....I am happy :-)

Have a wonderful christmas and a very happy new year !

Regards, Patty

4rexlady wrote >>

Hi brother3th,

you are a true genius!!! Thank you so much - that was the exact problem and it was exact the way you said ! I still have to find out what UAC is, but since I know now, where the files are stored, this is secundary....I am happy :-)

Have a wonderful christmas and a very happy new year !

Regards, Patty

This should help:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

Bob

Reason: