Strategy Tester hangs up

I have an EA that I own that I had programmed so I can easily test numerous parameters by selecting from a menu. This allows me to do extensive backtesting with thousands of combinations to find the best overall setup for my EA. But, recently the strategy tester will do a number of tests then stop in the middle of the test. This can happen at any time but seems to happen now on all my backtests. In other words it has gotten worse. Has anybody experienced this with the Strategy Tester and does anybody have a workaround to solve the problem?? Thank you ahead of time for your assistance.

Check free space on your PC.

Rosh wrote >>
Check free space on your PC.

It is a new computer with a zillion gigabites remaining. No problem there.

oldchartreader - is maybe easy way out, but why not reinstall Terminal?

may/maynot make diff - but if not might get grey cells firing down diff paths of investigation :)

your existing files in ..\experts will not be touched.

if not happy with above, zip up ..\experts and any others or better still zip up complete <installPath>

then do reinstall.

just idea - i and many others [i think] do this when brick wall in way...

Best To U

fbj wrote >>

oldchartreader - is maybe easy way out, but why not reinstall Terminal?

may/maynot make diff - but if not might get grey cells firing down diff paths of investigation :)

your existing files in ..\experts will not be touched.

if not happy with above, zip up ..\experts and any others or better still zip up complete <installPath>

then do reinstall.

just idea - i and many others [i think] do this when brick wall in way...

Best To U

Thanks for the idea. I have actually thought about just deleting my whole MetaTrader and starting over. My EA could be reinstalled and there is no real reason to save any trades since at this time they are all forward traded demo trades. Although it stops in the middle of the backtest I have at least been able to get numerous setups to forward test that have proven (so far) to work and make a reasonable profit (demo forward trading profit). I would just like it to complete the backtest and see if other combinations would be better. One possibility is that something is getting filled up to its limit since I can do thousands of possibilities with each backtest and may be running into a MetaTrader overload. I am not a techie so I wouldn't know about its limits.

well... u stray into maybe MetaQuotes Corp realm - unless they respond then u gotta forage for self i think.

other avenue is to really search this site - is masses data all over the place (sometimes to much :) but maybe worth effort.

i sometimes not find stuff then go use google to search site - has richer features and hey presto! find wat look for.

but... can also be dodgy cuz maybe not all site pages get spidered by google = false impression of wat is/is not, on site.

good fortunes 2 U

ha! sounds asif i need comms with u and learn ur secrects to "make a reasonable profit (demo forward trading profit)."

is game 4 sure - as others say on site, eg, BarrowBoy: let's see at least 100 forward trades on demo...

I remember something about 1giga limitation, but not sure. Could be 1giga contiguous memory...

Check the MT4 process sizes when the problem comes up.

Reason: