flip timeframe on charts?

I've seen code to determine what timeframe the chart is currently set to, but is there a way to "force" a timeframe? For example, I want my EA to start with a 4hr chart, store some indicator values, then flip the chart to hourly and compare to these indicator values.

The EA can be written to "see" any any pair any timeframe.

If you are looking for a command to change the timeframe of the chart YOU will see, there is not one.

phy wrote >>

The EA can be written to "see" any any pair any timeframe.

If you are looking for a command to change the timeframe of the chart YOU will see, there is not one.

I've been searching through the forum, and I noticed a couple of your replies referring to that respect. I'll approach it from that angle. I'm a newbie only to C++. I have programming experience and Forex experience but, I'm still in pseudocode mode and trying to gather as much info as I can before embarking on the EA. Thanks for your reply, I've seen a lot of your posts and respect your wisdom.

Bascially, all the command functions in MT4 that start with "i" -- like iHigh(), iMA() -- allow you to specify the pair and the timeframe.

MarketInfo() allows you to collect other real-time info about any specified pair.

iCustom() lets you call a "non-standard" indicator, again, on any timeframe and any pair.

Reason: