Is it possible to read ALERTS???

Hi guys,

when i´m using alert indicator does exist way for reading that alerts in mql? I dind´t find

some solution. It could be very helpful for me.

Thanks a lot.

That alert is trigger by something in the indicator, it then pops up a message. If the indicator is programmed correctly, it can be read by the icustom function in your EA, then you can read that trigger alert data in your EA. Else, you can't have an EA running which will read an alert, your best option is to see if icustom function can read it.

Maybe this is the answer you were looking for !

I think this is not answer :-( because indicator is not possible to correct use with iCustom function .. any other ideas???

Alert() for gui - not for code.

some thinking stuff 4 u...

u want give notice to other mql4 program of indicator 'event' being triggered, are various methods.

1. terminal global variables, indiator loads double value, mql4 program reads it - but when?, need think out wat important...

2. disk file, indicator writes, mql4 program reads. need semaphore or? to 'tell' mql4 program looksee at file, or?

3. extern variable, in indicator - which indicator 'set' to value which mql4 program knows about. this program then call iCustom() and pickup this extern variables value.

u must think how mql4 program 'know' when to call iCustom(), maybe it polls terminal global variable - but then... why not just have indicator load terminal global variable and mql4 program get it that way.

u read mql4 book here and get many ideas... trial and error, no one way to do wat u want.

Best

Reason: