MQL5 / MT5

Hi,

Does anyone know when we can expect a release of MQL 5 at all ?...

I'd really like to get my hands on that soon...

And what about MT5 ?

TheForexDevMan

My guess, mentioned elsewhere, is First Quarter 2009. In time for development for next year's ATC.

phy wrote >>

My guess, mentioned elsewhere, is First Quarter 2009. In time for development for next year's ATC.

Hi Phy,

Oh No - That's agony... :-)

I want some objects and stuff so I can really manage my code properly and get creative with my EA's

Hey MetaTrader moderators - don't you have any "Community Beta Releases" we can play with....

please......

pretty please....

Try NinjaTrader, it codes in C#

For future version of MetaTrader & MQL I suggest to introduce a function for set up trailing stop (i.e. OrderTrailingStop(int Pips)) and two button in Client Terminal:

1 - "Panic Stop" for close every opened positions and disable ExpertAdvisors on every chart.

2 - "Soft Panic Stop" for set up a Stop Loss of a few pips (i.e. 3 or 5) from current quotes (and perhaps set up a trailing stop that follows the quotes) and disable EA when position is closed.

I know that all these things I can do it with code but it will be easier and more transparent.

It is very interesting the creation of beta tester group among forum users. Uhm....

Seems to me like I need a week off work to research what is out there.

MQL4 has been quite a good language and is FAR friendlier than C++ will ever be; thats why people like it I think; but it very much needs some extra feature & the objects will be a MASSIVE gain.

If there's a C# compatible platform out there then this has to be worth a look... I'm very much into the .NET world and it would be so much easier to code with.

As Bob Dylan said - The times they are a changin'

TheForexDevMan

@fbj

The 4 languages are : PTL (its own), MQL4, MQL II, EasyLanguage

I am not completely sure about the backtesting, but at least it has events, real brokers and assets variety (MT is IMPOSSIBLE to be hooked up to reall-world stocks or futures (that`s why they made CFDs)) plus options. Just follow the instructions here and you should be okay. And here you have the manual for the language.

I think now that a delay of the MT5 would be the best for MetaQuotes. They need to convert the station, to be working with real-world assets, including options, and to be, for real, the "Professional online trading terminal for Forex, Futures and CFD markets", as it is advertised on various download sites. If MT5 is released only as an upgrade of MT4, its momentum won´t last too long and the battle would be over. But if both MT and PF stay on the same functionality side, MT still has a future.

Yes ForexDevMan, the times are changing...

- TheEconomist, u give fulsome reply and is vkind, thank you also for including links ;)

maybe this here says much of interest for coder traders. TFDM - u may get ur .net here

TheForexDevMan:

Seems to me like I need a week off work to research what is out there.

MQL4 has been quite a good language and is FAR friendlier than C++ will ever be; thats why people like it I think; but it very much needs some extra feature & the objects will be a MASSIVE gain.

If there's a C# compatible platform out there then this has to be worth a look... I'm very much into the .NET world and it would be so much easier to code with.

As Bob Dylan said - The times they are a changin'

TheForexDevMan

There is a .NET/C# capable programming platform that integrates with MT4, and it is free. And open source.

See this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/112829

Reason: