Championship contest account problem

Good morning,

I have tried to open the championship demo account on the platform of 2 different brokers that I was using to test my EA (Interbank and Alpari) but nothing is happening.

There is a message in the journal that show a "NO WAY" sign and says " trading attempt in the investor mode".

When I load this same EA with any of these 2 brokers on the demo account they have given me, it is working fine.
I believe my EA is complying with the rules.
Did anybody had the same issue, Could you tell me if there is something I should know that is different between the metaquote contest account and any other brokers demo account. Do I have to download a metatrader platform from somewhere else and where?

Thank you

Pascal

P

Your championship demo account is only available on the MetaTrader server

IIRC - If you use

Tools, Options in your MT program, connect to

demo.metaquotes.net:443

Then put you account details for the championship

You should connect OK

No broker server would accept your MT server login

You can test or run your EA on any brokers account but I would tune it to the MT one myself :)

Good Luck

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

P

Your championship demo account is only available on the MetaTrader server

IIRC - If you use

Tools, Options in your MT program, connect to

demo.metaquotes.net:443

Then put you account details for the championship

You should connect OK

No broker server would accept your MT server login

You can test or run your EA on any brokers account but I would tune it to the MT one myself :)

Good Luck

-BB-

Thank BarrowBoy,

It is working now. the problem was that I put the investor oassword instead of the master password.

However, I am having another problem. My EA works on a five minute chart and when I am logged on with the metaquote server, I cannot run the strategy tester on M5. It runs on M1, M15 and up but not on M5.

Thanks again

P

> It runs on M1, M15 and up but not on M5

Thats unusual!

Are there any error messages in the Journal tab?

Try adding Print statements to your EA to confirm it got to various points in the code, then look for them in the Journal, like

Print("My EA at Line 10");

// some code lines

Print("My EA at Line 20");

// some more code lines

Print("My EA at Line 30");

// some more code lines

Print("My EA at Line 40");

Keep trying :)

-BB-

Reason: