Restore mailbox in Metatrader4 migrate to other computer

Hello everybody,

I have recently came to the following problem. My notebook is completely broken. I fortunately recovered my my data I have a copy of MetaTrader folder with all indicators, EAs and so on.

So I tried to migrate my data to another computer.

First I installed new MetaTrader and then overwrote its subfolders including experts, config, deleted, mailbox, profiles, templates with restored data from broken computer.

After that I started MetaTrader. Everything is fine except mailbox which is empty :-(

Can anybody tell me how to restore mailbox. Unfortunately mailbox files are encrypted somehow and I cannot access them directly and it is crucial for me because there I have passwords for my demo accounts.

Why did you install MT4 and overwrote the subfolders instead of just copying the whole folder? I guess you wouldn't needa really install MT4 anew but just copy the whole folder from your laptop to the other PC. I am not sure about the mailbox but I guess it get copied, too. Most programs (including MT4) still run even without the Windows registry data which you probably won't copy. However, for the normal use of MT4 this data is not necessary and copying around the folder works fine.

Thank you foru your help tradeigel. Coping the whole folder without installation worked just fine. MetaTrader work, I have all my indicators and eas and mails, accounts, passwords and so on just everything

Thank you once more. I did not expected that it will work without installation I supposed that MT4 needs some keys in windows registry and that is why I need to install it. However it did not.

Reason: