Can this custom indicator ( iTrend.mq4 ) be programmed into an existing EA ...of so how would it be coded ??? - page 3

This wasn't specifically answered...

And do you have a working i_Trend indicator in /experts/indicators?

Meaning, you can bring up a chart and attach the i_Trend indicator and it does whatever it is that it is supposed to do?

That is the end of my interrogation, and end of ideas...

phy wrote >>

This wasn't specifically answered...

And do you have a working i_Trend indicator in /experts/indicators?

Meaning, you can bring up a chart and attach the i_Trend indicator and it does whatever it is that it is supposed to do?

That is the end of my interrogation, and end of ideas...

i_Trend indicator is on the chart and working fine and also in file you specify.../experts/indicators

Ok. Where in your code is

double MyTrend=iCustom(NULL,0,"i_Trend",0,0,0,40,8,25,200,0,0);

Please show the context.

phy wrote >>

Ok. Where in your code is

double MyTrend=iCustom(NULL,0,"i_Trend",0,0,0,40,8,25,300,0,0);

This might help

//---- input parameters
extern double LotsIfNoMM=0.1;
extern int StopLoss=20;
extern int MM_Risk=40;
//----
double Opentrades,orders,first,mode,Ilo,sym,b,tmp,GridCellPoint,OpenOrderStopLoss;
double b4signal,Signal,Triggerline,b4Triggerline,Nowsignal,NowTriggerline,sl,LastOpByExpert,LastBarChecked;
int cnt,cnt2,OpenPosition,notouchbar,PendingOrderTicket,OpenOrderTicket;
bool test;
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| expert initialization function |
int init()
{
//----
//----
return(0);

Move

into the start() function.

You can't make an iCustom call before the EA is initialized.

phy wrote >>

Move

into the start() function.

You can't make an iCustom call before the EA is initialized.

when I get the following error message '\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader Demo\experts\PTTrend_201].1.mq4 (118, 1)

What does the (118,1) refer to???

wizkid wrote >>

when I get the following error message '\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader Demo\experts\PTTrend_201].1.mq4 (118, 1)

What does the (118,1) refer to???

If I want my to state that I want my the Boolean to return true if the value for MyTrend indicator is be between +7and -7, what symbol do I use in the code???

How does iTrend work. It shows some up/down histogram. What does that mean, and how do we identify trend with this indicator.

ckmoied wrote >>

How does iTrend work. It shows some up/down histogram. What does that mean, and how do we identify trend with this indicator.

It is a TREnd linethat trends between a +10 and-10 range...and i want the new indicator to return a TRUE value (Booloean when the value of the trend line is between -7 and -7 on that trend line

wizkid wrote >>

It is a TREnd linethat trends between a +10 and-10 range...and i want the new indicator to return a TRUE value (Booloean when the value of the trend line is between -7 and -7 on that trend line

//| expert start function |
int start()
//return(0);

//if ( ! IsTesting() ) Comment(" Trailingstop ", b, "\n"," Tick no. ", iVolume(NULL,0,0),"\n"," Lots ",Ilo);
/**********************************Money and Risk Management***************************************
When I place the new my trend in the START FUNCTION AS YOU SUGGESTED...i STILL GET LOTS OF ERRORS

Any ideas??

Reason: