automatic import of tick info from csv to metatrader as an offline chart

Hi there,

I need to import external tick information (pricing) from a csv file to metatrader as an offline chart. I searched the forums and now I know is possible. My problem is that I want the offline chart to be updated automatically every 5 minutes with new info in the external csv file. Is this possible?

Thanks

em

I don't know about importing csv files, but if you write the data as a history file into the history folder you can get autorefresh working.

phy:
I don't know about importing csv files, but if you write the data as a history file into the history folder you can get autorefresh working.

Thanks. I got the info in a hst file however I want to name the history file myUSD/EUR1.hst but metatrader won't show that file in the history center. What can I do?

Put it in the history folder for your Dealer, not a subfolder, not some other folder. /history/DealerServerName/yourFile.hst

It has to have a name that is not the same as a live pair.

phy:

Put it in the history folder for your Dealer, not a subfolder, not some other folder. /history/DealerServerName/yourFile.hst

It has to have a name that is not the same as a live pair.

Great, I'm able to open the file now using the Open offline menu. Thanks. How can I add it to history center?

You don't.
Reason: