Print("1");
Print("2");
Print("3");

Sleep(5000);

}

//----
return(0);
}

My problem is IsStopped is always false even I deactivate the EA from the chart, I still can see the Print() function are running continuously . Even though the MQL4 help topic mentions that the IsStopeed() returns TRUE if the program (an expert or a script) has been commanded to stop its operation, otherwise returns FALSE. But I can't see it work in my testing code.

Anyone knows what could be wrong

Best Regards

Tom

well..I cannot imagine that this code causes trouble. I mean, I don't know why you use Sleep()...and an infinite loop in an EA but hey, you might need it. I still cannot reproduce the error you get seeing the Print() function running even though you stopped the expert.

Hi Tradegiel

1. The sleep here is try to run the logic that I put inside the while loop in a fix interval, I need it is because EA is run only when there is new tick. For some reason I need to run some logic regularly .

2. Did u mean that when you stopped the EA ( here I mean you press the Expert Advisor button from the top menu bar, the smiley face of the EA becomes a Cross), then, you no longer see the print function running?

Thanks for your helping

Best Regards

Tom

"I cannot imagine that this code causes trouble. I mean, I don't know why you use Sleep()..."

Sleep() gives processing time to other code..

Endless loop with no Sleep() = 100% cpu, and MT4 "locks up".

Run the code above, omitting the Sleep().

phy,

MT4 "locks up"

? is there interrupt hot key combination that terminal can see...?

eg: CTRL-BREAK or CTRL-C

have always wondered... thanks

None that I know of. If the X button to close the app doesn't work, kill terminal.exe with TaskManager.

Been there done that.

Yes, very un-graceful departure indeed. thanks

Hi Phy

If I have to remove the sleep() function inside the while loop, it will run continuously which defeat my purpose to run this loop in a fix interval.. What I don't understand here is the while statement should examine the IsStopped() to decide whether the loop should continue and I expect IsStopped() will return false when I deactivate the EA

Regards

Tom

Reason: