Sergey Kovalyov’s Book Is Now Downloadable!

MetaQuotes Software Corp. announces placing a downloadable version of Sergey Kovalyov’s book Programming in Algorithmic Language MQL4 on the website of MQL4.community. The book is published in the Windows Help File (CHM) format, and it can be downloaded to be studied offline.

As its title suggests, the book is devoted to programming in MetaQuotes Language 4 (MQL4). The manual is written in a simple and clear language and intended for both novices and experienced traders. Once having studied the book, you will be able to start developing your own Expert Advisors, technical indicators, and scripts.

Sergey Kovalyov’s book has already been published on www.MQL4.com. Today we are publishing it as a separated file to be downloaded free of charge:

Participating in the author’s efforts to create this book, our company did their best to assist everybody with mastering of automated trading. We are highly interested in that the book turns out to be helpful for as many traders as possible. If you run your own website or blog, we would appreciate if you could place on it this book or a link to its downloadable version on our site.

URL-link code for downloading Sergey Kovalyov's Book from MQL4.community:

• <a href="https://www.mql4.com/files/mql4bookenglish.chm" target="_blank">Sergey Kovalyov's Book on Programming in Algorithmic Language MQL4</a> (2 Mb)
  • <a href="https://www.mql4.com/files/mql4bookrussian.chm" target="_blank">Cергей Ковалев, "Программирование на алгоритмическом языке MQL4"</a> (2 Mb)

Book Publication Terms and Conditions:

• The rightholder of the book is MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • The book is distributed free of charge.
  • The book cannot be modified under any circumstance when being published.
  • It is prohibited from extracting (decompiling) parts or texts of the book and publishing them on the internet, or other websites or even the press and media.

We highly appreciate placing on your website the book itself or a link to download it from our site.

Lenar:

MetaQuotes Software Corp. announces placing a downloadable version of Sergey Kovalyov’s book Programming in Algorithmic Language MQL4 on the website of MQL4.community. The book is published in the Windows Help File (CHM) format, and it can be downloaded to be studied offline.

As its title suggests, the book is devoted to programming in MetaQuotes Language 4 (MQL4). The manual is written in a simple and clear language and intended for both novices and experienced traders. Once having studied the book, you will be able to start developing your own Expert Advisors, technical indicators, and scripts.

Sergey Kovalyov’s book has already been published on www.MQL4.com. Today we are publishing it as a separated file to be downloaded free of charge:

Participating in the author’s efforts to create this book, our company did their best to assist everybody with mastering of automated trading. We are highly interested in that the book turns out to be helpful for as many traders as possible. If you run your own website or blog, we would appreciate if you could place on it this book or a link to its downloadable version on our site.

• <a href="https://www.mql4.com/files/mql4bookenglish.chm" target="_blank">Sergey Kovalyov's Book on Programming in Algorithmic Language MQL4</a> (2 Mb)
  • <a href="https://www.mql4.com/files/mql4bookrussian.chm" target="_blank">Cергей Ковалев, "Программирование на алгоритмическом языке MQL4"</a> (2 Mb)

• It is prohibited from extracting (decompiling) parts or texts of the book and publishing them on the internet, or other websites or even the press and media.

We highly appreciate placing on your website the book itself or a link to download it from our site.

I am running on a 64 bit windows vista. I can't open the download -- says Navigation to webpage was canceled.

Try to download the Book with Moziilla or Opera (not IE).

Rosh:
Try to download the Book with Moziilla or Opera (not IE).

Lenar
wrote:

Hi Rosh. I assume you part of the MetaQuotes team. I have written my first EA and would like to find out if you can help with debugging or interpreting the tester journal entries if something weird unexpected shows up in the journal?

I think this is infelicitous idea. Unfortunately I have not a free time. Sorry :)

bilibibit:

I am running on a 64 bit windows vista. I can't open the download -- says Navigation to webpage was canceled.

I had the same error in opening the book on Vista.

Solution:

The error is really caused by the vista security protection. To resolve it, right-click on the book and click on "Properties". At the bottom of the General Tab, you will see the note

"Security: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to protect this computer "

Click on the "Unblock" button next to the note and you will then be able to open the book, without any error.

Lenar:
[...]

Lenar,

I've already read the online version of the mql-book. I really appreciate it and think it's vital for any beginner.

However I had some problems with Kovalyov's English. I had the impression, that the English is great at the beginning and then turns a little worse to the end. Allthough it's still readable I wonder, if the book was just turned into a downloadable file or if there are any changes made to the book itself.

Thanks.

schnappi:

Lenar,

I've already read the online version of the mql-book. I really appreciate it and think it's vital for any beginner.

However I had some problems with Kovalyov's English. I had the impression, that the English is great at the beginning and then turns a little worse to the end. Allthough it's still readable I wonder, if the book was just turned into a downloadable file or if there are any changes made to the book itself.

Thanks.

Online version was converted into CHM file. There are no changes.

Thanks awfully all ..

Some pages seen just like picture below. But No big deal, still readable. :)

Thank you.

I would like to publicly thank Kovalyov for creating this book. It is helping tremendously in learning MQL4. The language is much more complex than VTtrader's language, but the book helps in reducing the learning curve. I doubt I will be ready to submit an EA for the Automated Championships 2008, because there is a lot of material to cover.

Thanks.

Reason: