Setting of `DllConfirm=foo` not working?

Hi,

today I learned about setting the preferences of MT4 in a config.ini, this is really awesome! And it really works! ;)

The only thing which I cannot get to work is `DllConfirm`. When changing this key's value it's simply ignored! It just takes the input of the last setting manually made by the user. Could you guys please have a look at this, maybe I am missing sth.?

Thanks for your support,

Daniel.

alright...maybe my description was a little misleading. I really meant 'ExpertsDllConfirm' exactly as outlined in the HelpFile.

But still, I seriously cannot toggle the flag. I also found people on the internet having the same issue.

Is that a bug or a security feature?

Please have a look at this because I really cannot see where I am wrong.

Thank you very much for your support,

Daniel.

can't you reproduce this?

I am really wondering why no one is answering....Is really no one using this feature?

Could you, dear MT4 DevTeam, have a look at this? I mean, there's not much I could have done wrong getting this to work, so most likely it's a feature I do not know about or it's a bug.

Daniel

I checked your message and it works. I made video, may be I misunderstood you?

thanks Rosh for trying reproducing this and thanks for this little video ;) . Are you sure the DLLConfirm checkbox was not ticked before?

What I am trying to do is the following: install a fresh copy of MT4 without touching any configuration. Then, I want to start MT4 with start.ini to allow LiveTrading and all imports and disable request for confirmation. However, I can achieve all that but except setting ExpertsDLLConfirm to false (I have to because MT4's initial configuration has the Imports not allowed which is good by the way but not what I want in this case).

Definitely I will try this again though.

Sorry for my unintentional misleading you. Now I've got into details of the matter. I've never used the possibility to launch the terminal with an .ini file before. This is why I made some mistakes. The main settings are, indeed, the general settings available in the "Options" window on the "Expert Advisors" tab. If something is disabled there, you cannot enable the desired options of your EA using the .ini file in any way.

The EA working options specified in the .ini file apply to the only one specific EA you can attach to the desired symbol and timeframe. I've made a video for you. Please feel free to contact me if any questions remain after watching the video.

thanks for your outstanding support, Rosh!

just for anyone wondering:

This really is a bug, it's already been fixed by MetaQuotes.

Together with other changes the bugFix is gonna be released as build 217.

Thanks a lot, MetaQuotes, hopefully it doesn't take too long till 217 is released :)

tradeigel wrote >>

just for anyone wondering:

This really is a bug, it's already been fixed by MetaQuotes.

Together with other changes the bugFix is gonna be released as build 217.

Thanks a lot, MetaQuotes, hopefully it doesn't take too long till 217 is released :)

Hi,

I have a similar issue, I have a script calling a DLL. In order to allow my script starts automatically and quickly while the windows is launched. I created a batch file which will call a startUp.ini and I place this batch.bat in Windows StartUp folder.

//---------------batch.bat---------------------------------//

START C:\TradingPlatform\terminal.exe config\startUp.ini

In this startUp.ini. I saved my settings as below, I assume these parameters name are same for both of script or Expert Advisor because the MT4 HELP file only show this example and I guess the below parameter names are generic for EA and Script

//------------- startUp.ini----------//

:

:

:

Symbol=EURUSD
Period=H1
Script=Testing1

ExpertsEnable=true
ExpertsDllImport=true
ExpertsDllConfirm=false

ExpertsExpImport=false

ExpertsTrades=true
ExpertsTradesConfirm=false

//--------------------------------------------------

The script is launched successfully, but it always pops up a message window to ask me to confirm the DLL import which is not what I want . I already set " ExpertsDllConfirm=false". I did try my other EA with DLL import also. it happens the same problem. So I hope the MT4 dev team can look into this issue.

Best Regards

TOM

Download latest 217-th build (see New Version: MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 217 ) and try again.
Reason: